A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

Personally I would have hooked Doolan and kept Stevenson on but it was a decent point in the end under the circumstances.

If we can bring in a decent striker and keep Welsh fit then we should have enough to stay up.

Stevenson would've been able to battle with Accies centre-backs with more effect but would have been fucked after an hour so it would've been pretty pointless keeping him on.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought turner was ok better than daz. Kurakins looks a step up on hendrie. Kurtaj looked classy. Long ridge is useless

I thought he slowed the play down too much from the home sides perspective. A very pedestrian individual, imo.

Disappointing not to take the opportunity to get 3 points, especially after the p***k Frans was sent off. Imrie was pish and Turner added little (Chick liked him of course). Good to see Kurtaj come on and he looks very promising as a lot of Accies had hoped.

Would like to see Kurtaj start instead of Imrie next week, alongside Nade. Keep MacKinnon on the bench when he returns from the sin bin.

Stevenson regularly played 90 minuted last season so I don't think it would usually be a problem, but in today's case he's still gaining fitness after his last injury and keeping him on for 90 mins on plastic probably wouldn't have been great idea.

Noticed Booth has started doing the flick/cut in trick that ATS used to do.

I thought it was two bookings to be honest, although I thought the ref might give him a final warning for the second one.

Two young centre halves played very well, not flawless and next week will be fucking tough but a good start.

Thought we were second best 11 vs 11, probably necessity that bannigan played out wide but we do miss him in the middle. The bench showed how light in depth we are with just 3 players out, a couple more bodies needed but confident we'll get decent ones in.

Cerny already done more for us this year than Fox last. A good point considering the circumstances.

First of all, well done Thistle. The two young centre halfs were terrific. Cerny, the best Accies keeper ever, won you that point though with a crazy save. Wee Ali had a fine game mostly and was our most dangerous man. Bad miss on half time though, perhaps Imrie a fraction late in his pass. Lucas strolled it, deserved man of the match though the ten men made it a bit easier. Turner one paced and it's slow, may improve. Imrie the poorest and maybe at 32 time is catching up on him a bit. Longridge did well at times but he's always the nearly man, though it was another fine Cerny stop. Gillespie was ok but two very bad passes seem to have stood out for some fans. Kurtaj looked classy as did Docherty. Canning will surely pick a different side next week. Needed two up front in the final 20 minutes, will we ever do this? Can see Salva and Morris having frustrating spells on the bench. Not too despondent, a point better off than last year.

First off credit to thistle, their defence was very organised and never once looked shaky. Understandable that they cheered their team at the end, I would have done the same following that display of resilience. Good to see Cerny again, and its still evident he's a class goalkeeper.

As for us, for the first game of the season, I didn't think it was to bad, and we didn't play hoofball as much as people are making out, their was some good passing going on at time,maybe sometimes in the wrong direction, but its a start.

I think we were unlucky not to win the game, Crawford missed a sitter, one that I'm sure he'd score more often than not, and Docherty hit the post.

I liked the look of the new boys, Kurakins and Nade looked decent, and Kurtaj looked good from the bench. Again Docherty was impressive, really should start next week same as Kurtaj, probably swap them for Longridge and Turner.

First point is on the board, so hopefully we can push on, go to Dingwall and give a good performance.

A f*cking embarrassment to both clubs. The grey hairs (and the obese bald arsehole) should be particularly ashamed of being caught on camera acting like that.

I would say that was after it had been calmed down slightly. Like I said before, grown men gobbing on each other and trying to throw punches over a fucking fence really are cringe. Should know better at that age.

I thought we played better when it was 11 v 11. After the sending off (the 1st booking was harsh btw) our players seemed clueless with what to do with the ball. Our tempo was far too slow and should have been stepped up but we spent far too long getting the ball forward. Both of our wide players were pretty poor today, Dougie in particular. I don't get the criticism of Turner. I thought he done pretty well for a debut. He looks alot better than MacKinnon does anyway, although I admit he could do with losing a few pounds. The other newbies looked promising too. Kurakins looked solid defensively and decent going forward, and Nade's hold up play and 1st touch were also very good., although I can't see him being a regular scorer, he needs a partner to play alongside or someone making forward runs from midfield for him to feed. Some of Kurtaj's touches looked classy when he came on. The only one who didn't impress me was Morris but still early days yet.

We had some good chances but it just wasn't to be today. Ali should have buried his chance in the 1st half (if that was Andreu that would have been tucked away with ease) and a good effort saved brilliantly by Cerny. Longridge missed a good chance out wide too which was blocked well. Definitely a part of his game he needs to improve on and Docherty was unlucky with his effort off the post.

As for Thistle, I thought they were very well organised and their manager deserves credit for that. His tactics and substitutions were spot on after the sending off.

Archived