A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

I know it's a while away but I'm absolutely buzzing for the new season. Can't wait to see our new signings in action. Feel a lot more confident for this fixture than I did a week ago... 2-0 Accies Chaporro double.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for in the last 5 minutes of games where you scored about 12 goals against us.

That first game at Firhill was one of my favourites last season. Absolute screamer of a goal by Higginbotham (I think) seemed to have us buried with five minutes to go.

Step forward Tony and Jason. Worth the shitfest of an 85 minutes for the 5 that finished it off.

The new season can't come quick enough. Don't care much for friendlies so this will be my 1st glimpse of our new signings. Plenty competition for places now so it'll be interesting to see the team Canning chooses. In saying that, I'm sure we still have a few injuries worries but we should have every position covered now. No idea how this game will pan out but it would be good to start the season with a win at home to get our season off to a flyer.

Still got to see who else we bring in but I reckon out of the new players it'll be Kurakins, Turner and Nade that'll start. I can see it being a pretty even game as MOST of them were last season (let's not speak of the 5-0 one). Who knows how any of the signings will do and who knows if Canning's upped his game over the summer but there's a fair bit of excitement around the team now and certainly more than there was this time last week.

Still got to see who else we bring in but I reckon out of the new players it'll be Kurakins, Turner and Nade that'll start. I can see it being a pretty even game as MOST of them were last season (let's not speak of the 5-0 one). Who knows how any of the signings will do and who knows if Canning's upped his game over the summer but there's a fair bit of excitement around the team now and certainly more than there was this time last week.

Not on the wind up but why is there excitement around your team? You limped home last year and you've added Chris Turner (out of his depth for us in the Flrst Division), Christian Nade, and some random foreigners.

Not on the wind up but why is there excitement around your team? You limped home last year and you've added Chris Turner (out of his depth for us in the Flrst Division), Christian Nade, and some random foreigners.

Compared with the power signings of Amoo, Booth and a Moshi Monster?

I think there is a bit more positivity, rather than excitement at NDP due to the surge of activity following weeks of trialling players, which some fans were very sceptical about. Plus that dire transfer window in Jan leading to a major decline.

Hopefully get off to a good start on this opening day. I'm gonna be optimistic and say 2-0 Accies but teams will be pretty evenly matched and it'll be tight.

Archived