Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

It was Sow who took the soft penalty.

As surely you can't mean Nicholson being cleaned out by your goalie as being soft?

Their keeper wiped out Clarkson last season and Clarkson got booked for it. Since then they've felt it's a given their keeper has carte Blanche to take c***s out in the box.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their keeper wiped out Clarkson last season and Clarkson got booked for it. Since then they've felt it's a given their keeper has carte Blanche to take c***s out in the box.

/\ rattled before we play them.

The penalty goal was poor defending, McKay caught up the park again, so slow in getting players back, Mannus possibly taking the wrong option and then the defenders failing to react after the save. The third and fourth were both tremendous goals, one great passing play, one a great cross. Again though McKay should be seeing Paterson run early enough to stop while Scobbie gets nutmegged FFS, the fourth you could argue that Easton should be closing Paterson down quicker and Scobbie should react better to it, but it was put into a great area.

Only goal I'm not overly bothered about was the first one, as that was just bad luck more than any poor defending.

:lol: Is that when Clarkson took a couple of steps past him then launched himself when he realised it was going wide?

At least your over it now though.

The third and fourth were both tremendous goals, one great passing play, one a great cross. Again though McKay should be seeing Paterson run early enough to stop while Scobbie gets nutmegged FFS, the fourth you could argue that Easton should be closing Paterson down quicker and Scobbie should react better to it, but it was put into a great area.

Not sure how you can call them tremendous goals, then in the same paragraph, highlight the obvious defensive mistakes that allowed them to occur.

I do share the same view on the first though, that was just hilarious and one I'm sure we won't ever tire of seeing.

You can say what you want about football but I don't think Hearts fans should be so uppity about conceding 3 goals to a team that scored 34 total last season, that's without taking into account that we were missing a large chunk of our squad and that you really had 2 goals put on a plate for you.

Can't believe you never scored at least six.

Could have been ten if thingmebob and whatsisname were playing.

I was quite surprised in the amount of long balls Hearts played. The chat from the fanboys on here made them out to be Scottish Barcelona. Entertaining game none the less but I'd like to think if we had our back 4 from last season we would have pumped them.

Not sure how you can call them tremendous goals, then in the same paragraph, highlight the obvious defensive mistakes that allowed them to occur.

I do share the same view on the first though, that was just hilarious and one I'm sure we won't ever tire of seeing.

Because the third and fourth had tremendous aspects to them, but could still have been avoidable.

Every fan thinks their team could stop every single goal though, when Ross Forbes scored an absolute worldie from about 40 yards against us in our first game back up folk were saying he wasnt closed down quick enough. We could concede to a Messi wondergoal and we'd still reckon it should've been stopped, it the way a football fans mind works.

I was quite surprised in the amount of long balls Hearts played. The chat from the fanboys on here made them out to be Scottish Barcelona..

It's risky to draw too many conclusions from a single game but I was surprised by the amount of direct football we played as well.

In part this is down to a St Johnstone side that just didn't know they were beaten and continued to commit forward when opponents last season would have gone into damage limitation mode. St Johnstone left space at the back which made the deep ball a tempting option.

What's more in a game where both the defences were having something approaching a shitemare the idea of getting the ball quickly away from Neil Alexander and into the vicinity of Brad McKay every so often wasn't an altogether bad one.

Only the most blindly optimistic hearts supporters would have expected us to carry out this season in the manner we carried out the last but after one game it's a bit too early to draw any conclusions about the 2015-16 vintage.

While we both can find things to worry about in that performance the positive that we can both draw is that in fighting back from 3-1 down and reacting in the best possible way to a late equaliser both teams showed a collective strength of character and self belief.

It was Sow who took the soft penalty.

As surely you can't mean Nicholson being cleaned out by your goalie as being soft?

Are you joking? That was a hideously embarrassing dive.

I was quite surprised in the amount of long balls Hearts played. The chat from the fanboys on here made them out to be Scottish Barcelona.

One of the reasons why we were so successful last season is because we played however we needed to in order to win. Sometimes that meant being direct, sometimes that meant blowing teams away with pace and tempo.

It's what good sides that aren't one-dimensional do.

Entertaining game none the less but I'd like to think if we had our back 4 from last season we would have pumped them.

Just you keep deluding yourself, champ.

If Nicholson scored his chance for 4-1... if our defence weren't playing together for the first time... if this didn't coincide with Alexander having his first shaky game in a Hearts jersey... if we had Pallardo and Oshaniwa fit...

Do you see how this works?

I was quite surprised in the amount of long balls Hearts played. The chat from the fanboys on here made them out to be Scottish Barcelona. Entertaining game none the less but I'd like to think if we had our back 4 from last season we would have pumped them.

Tbf St Johnstone pressed us quite high so almost forcing us longer especially first half. Buaben hasn't played pre season and pallardo was out. Both teams will get better, but I'd be suprised if saints finish above us.

As for Nicholson diving :lol:

For what it's worth I thought Nicholson bought the penalty. It wasn't a dive but Nicholson made sure there was contact, and if the keeper comes out and gets nothing on the ball then there can't really be any complaints.

That's how it looked from section B (though I'd have said forced as opposed to bought) this didn't stop some of my more excitable neighbours expressing fury that it wasn't a red card.

Archived