The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It's absolutely unquestionable that the Scottish football hacks read this thread.  Indeed, most of them probably get the majority of their stats and opinions from here.  It's also unquestionable that some of the stuff they print will be to troll people to get us talking about them either on forums, or on social media.

It's a really sad existence that some of them would rather work for that, than actually giving a balanced view of Scottish football, and questioning the inane ramblings of folk like Kris Boyd, Alex Smith, Graeme Souness etc.

It's absolutely unquestionable that the Scottish football hacks read this thread.  Indeed, most of them probably get the majority of their stats and opinions from here.  It's also unquestionable that some of the stuff they print will be to troll people to get us talking about them either on forums, or on social media.

It's a really sad existence that some of them would rather work for that, than actually giving a balanced view of Scottish football, and questioning the inane ramblings of folk like Kris Boyd, Alex Smith, Graeme Souness etc.

Absolutely this.

Journalism in the modern era is about creating noise, not informing or opining accurately.

There will have been someone at the sun who read that kris Boyd drivel the other day and thought "this is utter nonsense but it's going to wind a lot of people up, send it to print"

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolutely this.

Journalism in the modern era is about creating noise, not informing or opining accurately.

There will have been someone at the sun who read that kris Boyd drivel the other day and thought "this is utter nonsense but it's going to wind a lot of people up, send it to print"

Troll...troll..troll...wind up... wind up.... simpletons phone up super scoreboard to "vent".

Repeat ad nauseum.

Edited by jessmagic

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

The never-ending obsession with Barry the Fucking backpass Ferguson on the BBC this season is fair doing my tits in as well.

He's on because he's been more honest than most ex-pros on the show, when that stops due to him trying to gain a foothold he'll be off.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The never-ending obsession with Barry the Fucking backpass Ferguson on the BBC this season is fair doing my tits in as well.

That at home with the Ferguson's thing was a shambles. 

Can't believe I contributed towards the cost of that inane weegie patter fest.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

He's on because he's been more honest than most ex-pros on the show, when that stops due to him trying to gain a foothold he'll be off.

Not sure his "honesty" is really a factor here. One assumes he's realises he's peaked within the game itself and is looking for a long-term cushy media gig and pacific quay have given him a nice wee pals PR package and history cleansing platform to build on.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There's only one time I can remember that happening, and that was when Craig Falconbridge scored that header to deny Celtic the title for a week. This was in 1998/99, long before Dublin was in Scotland, the big tit. During his time at Celtic the Celtic fans would have got, at most, 50% of the ground.

I took it he meant 6000 Celtic fans and 2000 Pars fans

6 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

That at home with the Ferguson's thing was a shambles. 

Can't believe I contributed towards the cost of that inane weegie patter fest.

Did it show him getting pissed up and going out looking for a fight in his Rangers trackie this time?

Shulls point is a great one by the way!!!

I actually have so much interest in all of the clubs and would love to hear about EF v Alloa, however I only have that interest because of this website. It would be good if our national broadcaster gave coverage to these types of games to get people a knowledge of what's going on. Who knows they might even take an interest.

Scottish football is a weird and wonderful place.

46 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolutely this.

Yup. Actual journalism is dead. It's all about getting clicks and buys now. These p***ks aren't journalists; they're salesmen.