The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That... thing... is the absolute definition of word salad.

I mean, where do you begin when trying to comprehend that?

I'd begin with the big jag and worry about comprehension later, he apparently doesn't realise that colt teams and feeder teams are one and the same, daft auld b*****d.

I suppose this is the right place for this rant. I'm sick and fed up of the notion that our players aren't good enough and Gordon Strachan is doing the best he can. Bollocks. I don't know what the journos and ex pros are trying to do, throw a generation of footballers under the bus to save the career of one old geezer who may or may not still want to manage Scotland.
We don't have brilliant defenders. But how much of a defence is personnel and how much is how they are set up? Plenty of times you see players playing above themselves when setup correctly.
If we look at Northern Ireland. A mix of English Prem, Champ and League 1, along with some Scottish Prem players. Pretty much the same as us. How many Scottish players would get in that squad, considering Niall McGinn gets in but Graeme Shinnie doesn't get into the Scotland squad. If you were to pick a joint team it would be mostly Scots, with perhaps an Irish centre half pair and a RB.
f**k the media f**k the ex pros f**k the nepotism and fear of change and borderline xenophobia and the old boys club attitude which has been holding back our game.
Scottish football is an object of vanity and nostalgia for those who are no longer in it and the shitter we are the better their era looks.
Between 99 and 09 Scottish football was much worse than it is now. But we can't say that because these players are now in the media telling us how shit it is right now.
This makes no sense so take from it what you will I just had to get that out somewhere haha

It's really quite remarkable how many old pros and blazers don't actually appear to like football at all.

I suppose there are plenty of us that don't particularly enjoy the thing that pays our wages but, then again, we wouldn't really expect our employers to give a shit about our lunatic ideas.

13 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

The former I think. To clarify there were 2,034. 

That's even more fans that can cram into The Shyberry or whatever the f**k it's called at the moment.

14 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

The former I think. To clarify there were 2,034. 

Ridiculous. Why does no one point out these complete and utter fabrications when folk like Smith are being interviewed? Wasn't that long ago we had Hartson saying there were 18,000 people at Motherwell v Celtic. Spot the flaw with that one.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ridiculous. Why does no one point out these complete and utter fabrications when folk like Smith are being interviewed? Wasn't that long ago we had Hartson saying there were 18,000 people at Motherwell v Celtic. Spot the flaw with that one.

It appears to be rife in journalism up here in general, I pretty often sit and question why the f**k certain obviously wrong statements are allowed to go unchallenged.

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v Spain friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

East Fife are playing Alloa tonight. If our Broadcaster is going to advertise matches tonight, let's start with our own. 

May encourage a few more to attend Bayview Stadium. 

Edited by shull

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v France friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

East Fife are playing Alloa tonight. If our Broadcaster is going to advertise matches tonight, let's start with our own. 

Unfortunately nobody gives a f**k about East Fife v Alloa and the country of their paymasters give us roughly 10% of our population.

We only got to see Scotland on ITV because they were playing England.

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v France friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

England arenae even playing France!!

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't know the accuracy of it but I'm pretty sure Dion Dublin recently said on football focus that when he was at Celtic they played Dunfermline at east end park and the stadium was 75% Celtic fans.

Raised a lol to myself

There's only one time I can remember that happening, and that was when Craig Falconbridge scored that header to deny Celtic the title for a week. This was in 1998/99, long before Dublin was in Scotland, the big tit. During his time at Celtic the Celtic fans would have got, at most, 50% of the ground.

Just now, shootingboots said:

Ah I see. In which case maybe cause Dembele scored twice. Bit of mock rage it seems. 

I knew the game was on last night(2-2 the last I heard) but I do agree with the gist of his post, there are plenty of times over a season where there's no mention of diddy results in their news and sports section while we appear doomed to watch every single England game serious or not, maybe just my indy mind but it feels like we're just getting slowly conditioned by these fuckers at times.