The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Agreed, 7-2. (I was at that match, btw). That dipstick Danny Mills was on Sportsound a wee while ago, saying that part of the reason that JB struggled is because, errr, the standard's not up to much.

As if you have ANY idea of the general standard from watching a couple of OF games you berk.

JB got dropped after even nonentities from Kilmarnock ran by him like he wasn't there, and he couldn't take it. He thought he was up here for a stroll and the league's a hell of a lot tougher than he thought it would be. In short: he's been fun' oot.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/09/scotland-talent-decline-kenny-dalglish-england-wembley

Not so much a case of abysmal platitudes by old favourite Ewan Murray: this time he farms that job out to gormless dinosaurs like Craig Brown. How many of these fantastic coaches from the Largs setup are coaching at a high level now, as opposed to when Brown cherrypicked his (vague) statistic? Why should a government that has to deal with a myriad of problems in a less wealthy society than Norway subsidise football facilities, when the likes of Aberdeen haven't invested their considerable financial resources to set up credible training facilities, that could be used for youth clubs in their local area as well? 

37 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

yup

JfSJsmU0.jpg

:lol: I don't think I've ever seen a more *** face in my life; short, gelled hair, the horrific teeth, and not forgetting the round, chubby, various chinned face.

Chris 'Union' Jack indeed.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

:lol: I don't think I've ever seen a more *** face in my life; short, gelled hair, the horrific teeth, and not forgetting the round, chubby, various chinned face.

Dead, beady eyes.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Subtle Unionist undertones in the shirt too.

A dog whistle in haberdashery form, if you will.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The BBC website has a story about Steve Bull scoring for England against Scotland while playing for Wolves in the 3rd division.

Is this not shite? I'm sure that Wolves were in the old second division.

They had just won the 3rd division.

This from the Independent's Ian Herbert (Chief Sports Writer) is as bad as I've seen recently http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-vs-scotland-fall-gordon-strachan-a7405356.html

Includes "St Johnstone were attracting 20,000 and Rangers well over 100,000 when Jim Baxter was doing his keepie-uppies during that extraordinary 1967 win at Wembley"

2 hours ago, davidy233 said:

This from the Independent's Ian Herbert (Chief Sports Writer) is as bad as I've seen recently http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-vs-scotland-fall-gordon-strachan-a7405356.html

Includes "St Johnstone were attracting 20,000 and Rangers well over 100,000 when Jim Baxter was doing his keepie-uppies during that extraordinary 1967 win at Wembley"

:lol:

2 hours ago, davidy233 said:

Don't be too hard on him. He's just quoting our total for the season.