The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Don’t you think it matters

This is the sportsound podcast where he said he thought it probably did happen but wanted to wait for an investigation before he went two footed on the guy?

That racist, rangers hating b*****d!

Also, you’re very difficult to take seriously when it comes to the issue of racism and bigotry Im afraid. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

As much as an arse he can be, the way he gets them in a seething mess so effortlessly is art.

Apparently he spent a fortune in legal fees before he apologised to Rangers and Traynor. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: Don’t insult both of our intelligence. That isn’t why. 

Rio Ferdinand, a Manchester United legend turned football pundit, in a tweet directed at Michael Stewart said: "Educate yourself... comments like this are why people suffer in silence and are scared to speak out!"

Mr Ferdinand's brother, Anton, also former West Ham, QPR and St Mirren footballer also directed a tweet at Mr Stewart saying: "Your comments can make the victim feel not believable!

"How about you use ur platform to call for UEFA to make sure a proper investigation takes place & when found guilty, the correct punishment happens. For too long it’s brushed under the carpet!"

He added: "Glen Kamara, I stand with you! UEFA, all the campaigns all the talk means nothing without action. It's your time to stand up for what's right, your actions will tell the world if you really want to #kickitout or not!

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is the sportsound podcast where he said he thought it probably did happen but wanted to wait for an investigation before he went two footed on the guy?

That racist, rangers hating b*****d!

Also, you’re very difficult to take seriously when it comes to the issue of racism and bigotry Im afraid. 

This isn’t the sportsound podcast, no. It was right after the final whistle. You might remember it, all those black players called him out for being a racism denier and not believing the victim?

I don’t really mind whether you take me seriously or not tbh. It’s not particularly relevant to this. It doesn’t change the fact that Stewart said there was “no evidence to back up what was being said”.

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

It was nothing to do with that and everything to do with the Traynor stuff.

And, incidentally, there was nothing whatsoever controversial in MS suggesting that something serious requires investigation.

If you remember, a Daily Record reporter told us 6 years ago that "the entire Rangers team had been spat on and assaulted by Hibs fans"................only for Rangers player Kenny Miller to refute this publically.

Taking a step back and checking the facts before diving in is a sensible route imo.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It was nothing to do with that and everything to do with the Traynor stuff.

And, incidentally, there was nothing whatsoever controversial in MS suggesting that something serious requires investigation.

If you remember, a Daily Record reporter told us 6 years ago that "the entire Rangers team had been spat on and assaulted by Hibs fans"................only for Rangers player Kenny Miller to refute this publically.

Taking a step back and checking the facts before diving in is a sensible route imo.

Why is it so impossible for people to admit Stewart was wrong when loads of prominent black footballers came out and said he was?

Is it simply because of the club involved?

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

This isn’t the sportsound podcast, no. It was right after the final whistle. You might remember it, all those black players called him out for being a racism denier and not believing the victim?

I don’t really mind whether you take me seriously or not tbh. It’s not particularly relevant to this. It doesn’t change the fact that Stewart said there was “no evidence to back up what was being said”.

He did nothing of the sort. You may not agree with his position and would expect him to fully back kamara but saying there’s 1% of doubt that is stopping him from from crucifying the guy without an investigation is a fine position to take. To suggest this is why years later the frothing at the mouth brigade in the rangers support still despise him is laughable. It’s clearly an attempt to legitimise the hatred of him by painting him as a racism denier, when clearly it’s more to do with the fact he isn’t rangers biggest fan and his politics don’t chime with the rangers ‘culture’. 

and it is absolutely relevant that rangers fans that find offence at the weekly bile that comes out of their support hilarious, then seeking to portray themselves as moral arbiters when it comes to racism, is not to be taken seriously.

You know all this to be true. 

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Why is it so impossible for people to admit Stewart was wrong when loads of prominent black footballers came out and said he was?

Certainly seems that way.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

You think he was wrong to say that certainty is required before banning a player for making a racist comment?

As for other players commenting on it, a twitter pile on after the facts have been established is not only ridiculous but is a bit unedifying for those concerned.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Michael Stewart is a fanny regardless of Rangers fans’ thoughts on him. Gives off massive “I am so intelligent and everything I say is profound” vibes.

He is. 

He’s one of the more interesting pundits but only because most of those around him range from braindead to utterly beige. 

He’s really not that good at articulating himself though. 

Michael Stewart is a fanny regardless of Rangers fans’ thoughts on him. Gives off massive “I am so intelligent and everything I say is profound” vibes.
Michael Stewart is a stupid person's idea of what a intelligent person sounds like. His admirable ability to wind up Rangers fans should not detract from the fact that he is a moron.

Not sure where to post this but in the aftermath of Kieran Tierney snubbing a proposed £50m move to Real Madrid I saw this today.  Generally football gossip columns tend to have more than a grain of truth and this is not the first mention of Matt O'Reilly in the last few months.  I see he's represented by CAA Base Ltd whose clientele is vast and peppered with good EPL players (Son, Maddison, Varane, Richarlison,....) and several managers including Ange Postecoglu.
Is there any way to apply logic to this rumour.  Does he want out of Scottish football, do the club want rid of him or is just another facet of the worldwide money laundering / tax evasion machine that underpins professional football.
matto3.jpg.0fb16cecedc6916a1746599bd5ea102e.jpg
matto1.jpg.a20bf7d1f0449b4253ce82b422357b57.jpg
matto2.jpg.30831c044f11527d3a0bf700ae09e3ae.jpg

I'm not sure why you think this is terrible journalism or why those screenshots are relevant. The reason O'Riley is linked with bigger clubs is that he is a young player who has performed very well since moving to Celtic.

Another day, another instance of Tom English deliberately talking down the Scottish game to make us feel grateful for what we've got.

The reality is that the EFL does indeed attract higher gross figures, but that's because there's more games.

Per-game, the SPFL averages at just below 300k; the EFL 100k. 

33 minutes ago, The Master said:

Another day, another instance of Tom English deliberately talking down the Scottish game to make us feel grateful for what we've got.

The reality is that the EFL does indeed attract higher gross figures, but that's because there's more games.

His entire attitude seems to be

F9695254-F251-4135-994F-6BC0B0C97AE2.jpeg

To think he spent his Saturday telling us all not to be so negative about the Scottish game.