The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s such a weird article 😂

The absolute desperation to appear progressive and yet just outs himself a total weirdo. 

It's kind of astonishing.

I don't think anyone anywhere thought that because the ref was gay he'd be unable to provide a strong, brave performance.  

Leckie's prejudices could not be more prominent as he castigates imaginary others for theirs.

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

its 2022 so who cares the sexuality of the the ref and Bill Leckie managed to get the word handbags into the article - what a strange article.

Leckie is a fucking moron.

In 2022, who actually cares (or remembers tbh) that this ref came out?

Well, we all do now Bill, and the neanderthals will have a lightbulb moment the next time he refs a match and does something negative.

Job done Bill, top marks..............

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Tweet now deleted but still on the website.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9305019/porteous-ref-napier-impresses-leckie/

It’s an absolute train wreck of an “article”. 

I'm not giving them the click, but I'm going to guess that Bill Leckie is astonished that a gay man isnt some shrieking nancy boy stereotype? 

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I'm not giving them the click, but I'm going to guess that Bill Leckie is astonished that a gay man isnt some shrieking nancy boy stereotype? 

Pretty much. It's totally weird and probably worth put your morals to the side just for this one click. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s such a weird article 😂

The absolute desperation to appear progressive and yet just outs himself a total weirdo. 

Haha, what the f**k did he actually pitch to the editor? "I'm going to write about how despite being a homosexual, he's actually still a great ref. But I'll write some sections in the style of a fiction thriller". 

49 minutes ago, CoF said:

Pretty much. It's totally weird and probably worth put your morals to the side just for this one click. 

Haha, what the f**k did he actually pitch to the editor? "I'm going to write about how despite being a homosexual, he's actually still a great ref. But I'll write some sections in the style of a fiction thriller". 

Leckie is the sports editor.

I understand that it's just the nature of how things are, but I don't like the ridicule of Leckie for trying a bit of online dating. He put himself out there to try and brighten his life up a bit. Good luck to him.

The ref article is very poor though and just shows a journalist hopelessly behind the times flailing to be employable today.

rangers fans not like Bill Leckie? Not my cup of tea either, but searching out his dating profile is kind of weird behaviour. As for age differences in relationships surely as long as couples are of consenting age it’s down to them?

regarding rock stars. Ronnie Wood is 31years older than his current wife. Rod stewart is 27years older than his wife. I think she was born after he performed with the Faces. Why was the guitar dude from Led zeppelin was not outed as a deviant for his sexual encounters with a 13year old in the 70s? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Mattix other notable allegations against Jagger, Bowie, and co.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

rangers fans not like Bill Leckie? Not my cup of tea either, but searching out his dating profile is kind of weird behaviour. As for age differences in relationships surely as long as couples are of consenting age it’s down to them?

regarding rock stars. Ronnie Wood is 31years older than his current wife. Rod stewart is 27years older than his wife. I think she was born after he performed with the Faces. Why was the guitar dude from Led zeppelin was not outed as a deviant for his sexual encounters with a 13year old in the 70s? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Mattix other notable allegations against Jagger, Bowie, and co.

The difference is more the delusional nature of it. They are world famous rock stars with fortunes of hundreds of millions while Bill Leckie is Bill Leckie.