The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

Did Rangers die?

Not sure m8.  All I can remember is salty tears and some waffle about a big hoose that must stay open. 

This guy sums it up perfecto. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Hoose Rice

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m pretty sure that at one time, your former Director of Communications said they did.

I don't recall ever having a director of communications.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Tom English's preview article of the game was a minter Rangers* puff piece aswell.

BBC Scotland is at about Talksport level of quality output.

Was that the Harry Houdini pish? He's now at a Chick Young levels. Awful.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I don't recall ever having a director of communications.

Former Daily Record journalist and BBC pundit James Traynor was yesterday unveiled as the new director of communications at Rangers.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Former Daily Record journalist and BBC pundit James Traynor was yesterday unveiled as the new director of communications at Rangers.

f**k me; saw that out of context in the sidebar and had a Groundhog Day moment.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No one is disputing that though.

According to the BBC Scotland Fixtures page just now, there are no Scottish matches on Tuesday 3rd May. Better tell the folk at Links Park and, probably, Firhill that their matches have been cancelled.

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

According to the BBC Scotland Fixtures page just now, there are no Scottish matches on Tuesday 3rd May. Better tell the folk at Links Park and, probably, Firhill that their matches have been cancelled.

I think this has happened in previous seasons - the BBC's fixtures system seems unable to process the concept of playoffs.  Well, the Scottish playoffs anyway....  bloody annoying and further proof that they don't give a shiny f**k about Scottish fitba.  

3 hours ago, resk said:

I think this has happened in previous seasons - the BBC's fixtures system seems unable to process the concept of playoffs.  Well, the Scottish playoffs anyway....  bloody annoying and further proof that they don't give a shiny f**k about Scottish fitba.  

A big problem finding out the Fraserburgh v BRose result. Gave up looking on BBC. Again. They really don't care at all. Unless a Celtic or The Rangers B team was involved of course - which will doubtless be a future plan.

4 hours ago, resk said:

They’ve got the play off match between Bonnyrigg Rose and Cowdenbeath in their fixtures for next Saturday, but none of the others. Weird.

4 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

A big problem finding out the Fraserburgh v BRose result. Gave up looking on BBC. Again. They really don't care at all. Unless a Celtic or The Rangers B team was involved of course - which will doubtless be a future plan.

The Fraserburgh v Bonnyrigg Rose game was on the BBC Scores & Fixtures yesterday, but it was at the end of the League 2 scores. To their credit they had a story up about it as well last night.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Fraserburgh v Bonnyrigg Rose game was on the BBC Scores & Fixtures yesterday, but it was at the end of the League 2 scores. To their credit they had a story up about it as well last night.

It's a fair cop then Joey. I only looked this evening without success so a sort of grudging apology to online BBC.

1 minute ago, House Bartender said:

It's a fair cop then Joey. I only looked this evening without success so a sort of grudging apology to online BBC.

What they win on the swings they lose on the roundabouts.