The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 28/03/2022 at 13:34, AJF said:

You've completely lost the run here.

So, let's say the BBC send 2 reporters to Ibrox to cover a match. Reporter A is refused entry but reporter B is allowed in. You are saying that the ban is with the BBC and not reporter A?

Nonsense.

ETA: It's also interesting you failed to respond to the point made about if McLaughlin left the BBC to join Sky (or anyone else for that matter), mainly because it blows your theory out the water.

I think this sums it up but at the same time you would understand why the BBC would chose not to send an additional or another reporter. Rangers have not banned the BBC as an institution but can understand why BBC Scotland Sport would consider the banning of one BBC reporter from doing his job is the same as an outright ban. 

On 28/03/2022 at 13:18, Ric said:

I presume you've already had one considering that analogy!

twins 😂

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah, I wouldn't accuse you of that particularly.

More of just a bit of a backer, wittingly or otherwise, for an argument that's used to deflect from Rangers' decision to defend bigotry.

You can just admit you didn’t read it all min, it’s fine. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What? Entitled to ban someone from working at their ground, for having reported perfectly accurately from another one.

Rangers are not 'entitled' to do that, even if they're wrongly allowed to.

You just concentrate on walking around Dumfries pointing and tutting at anyone who looks happy.

18 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I think this sums it up but at the same time you would understand why the BBC would chose not to send an additional or another reporter. Rangers have not banned the BBC as an institution but can understand why BBC Scotland Sport would consider the banning of one BBC reporter from doing his job is the same as an outright ban. 

They've also not allowed certain BT Sports pundits access to the stadium and even prevented a journalist from the West Lothian Courier from entering to perform his job

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think what he means is that they’re allowed to, but shouldn’t.

I think he should stop trying so hard and be less of a bore. 

Mind you, I've wanted him to do that for numerous years so I can't see him ever giving it a shot.