The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

11 hours ago, Ric said:

Why sad? Despite decades of wondering how they could escape the constrictions of their own country into the larger arena for which they are so obviously ready-made, it’s like this for Celtic and Rangers.

As was pointed out to Mr Djokovic last week, he's not captive, he can just go away anytime he wants. 

Could Mr Keevins - who doubtless scans this place - detail what serious efforts his buddies have made to escape this purgatory? If none, then stop moaning. If yes, why did Ingerlund not rescue them from their captivity to enhance their own "greatest league in the world" (© The Premier League Ltd). Guess the rest of us have a good idea.

22 hours ago, Ric said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-souttar-wants-rangers-transfer-25893247

Saw this and had to laugh.

> "Hey Shugg, we need a Rangers story"
> "No can do boss, we've used everything we've got"

> "Just take another story and twist it so that it's somehow all about Rangers"
> "Won't they realise this is nothing but a shallow attempt to curry favour with OF fans?"
> "Don't worry about it Shugg, our readers are fucking idiots they won't know or care"

If, IF, he decides to ignore offers from six vastly wealthier clubs who play at a higher level, he may decide to sign for a slightly bigger clumpany in the league he's already in. Gotcha.

This is like the joke tweets put out by clubs in the fifth tier when Messi or Ronaldo are up for grabs.

Edited by BFTD
Forgot to quote. I blame the cat.

41 minutes ago, BFTD said:

If, IF, he decides to ignore offers from six vastly wealthier clubs who play at a higher level, he may decide to sign for a slightly bigger clumpany in the league he's already in. Gotcha.

This is like the joke tweets put out by clubs in the fifth tier when Messi or Ronaldo are up for grabs.

...and just like that, it's a done deal and some ex Rangers haddie is now proclaiming he will fit in there absolutely fine..

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19835221.alex-mcleish-vital-john-souttar-quality-will-ensure-rangers-target-can-cope-life-ibrox/

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

...and just like that, it's a done deal and some ex Rangers haddie is now proclaiming he will fit in there absolutely fine..

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19835221.alex-mcleish-vital-john-souttar-quality-will-ensure-rangers-target-can-cope-life-ibrox/

image.jpeg.80b1978133412988a95d54645a846203.jpeg

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What do you point all your furniture at? 

You probably won't get that reference either. 

This reminds me of a story years ago, in one of the council schemes of the town I used to live in. The TV licence person came to this person's house, the person invited them in, pointed to the corner of the living room and said, "f**k your licence I have no TV". Of course, they had removed the TV, what they had failed to do was disconnect the wires trailing from the wall socket, clean up the "TV shaped dust"  mark on the TV stand, the actual TV stand being clearly a TV stand, and all the chairs were pointing directly to an empty corner.

As for me, who needs a TV these days anyway? I was just a bit ahead of the curve.

Edited by Ric

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's great service you get renting your colour set from Granada...

Showing your age there me ol' mucker, is it not Brighthouse these days? Or have those shysters gone bust?

I'll share this for the laugh...

16 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:
Or Hutchisons, Robertsons and Stepek?

What happened to Glen?

I couldnt remember the name of the other one, cheers !

Hilarious radio adverts iirc