The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Must be a few more teams outside the city boundary, do all Hearts supporters live in the city? I know a few in Falkirk, Stirling, Alloa etc. Who cares, lost the thread now!

We’d be sharing those 4,000 with our Hibee neighbours

I’ve seen banners for the likes of Forfar Hearts, as well as Ayrshire, Manchester and Lombardy but generally speaking once you get past city limits you’re in shit small town Scotland and thus natural old firm territory

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Literally has a disclaimer in his bio that he doesn't write headlines then tweets about a headline without reading the article

Is he saying the Sun headline is a made up statement?

This thread really is fittingly named. Here he is demeaning nearly half of last seasons top flight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59706140

After all those trophies with Celtic and all those trips to clubs like Ross County (eight), Kilmarnock (nine), St Johnstone (10), Motherwell (13) - and multiple trips to all other points north, south, east and west - Christie is now a Bournemouth man

What a fucking arsehole.

This thread really is fittingly named. Here he is demeaning nearly half of last seasons top flight.
After all those trophies with Celtic and all those trips to clubs like Ross County (eight), Kilmarnock (nine), St Johnstone (10), Motherwell (13) - and multiple trips to all other points north, south, east and west - Christie is now a Bournemouth man
What a fucking arsehole.

It would actually be more demeaning to Motherwell to be included on that list which is being used to contrast with the big championship clubs he’s playing now

But it might just be that those are the 4 teams Christie has played the most away fixtures against

He’s only played at Tynecastle 4 times and Easter road 5 times

Under other circumstances I’d be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt but in keeping with the spirit of the thread I think he deserves the most severe punishment available: A Falkirk season ticket

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

What a fucking arsehole.

The only problem I have with the thread is it sounds like bad journalism 'and' separately Tom English to me. I've not got a better suggestion. Starring Tom English maybe.

As soon as he became a regular on Sportsound a few years ago, I gave up. Even pulling him up for his 500 fans misery is giving him way too much attention. It's criminal what BBC Scotland serve up.

On 23/12/2021 at 21:34, LeodhasXD said:

The only problem I have with the thread is it sounds like bad journalism 'and' separately Tom English to me. I've not got a better suggestion. Starring Tom English maybe.

Yes, that's annoyed me for years.  The title apparently exempts English from the charge of producing bad journalism.

There was actually a time when he maybe deserved an exemption, but I'm sure that wasn't the intention.  He wouldn't deserve it now though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

• 2 weeks later...

McInnes.png.5dce41e27a756341d96e2f2b80d7ff16.png

Okay, so the Scotsman headline isn't technically wrong, but 'Failing the second-stage interview for the Rangers gig' surely doesn't belong at the top of the list of Derek McInnes' identifying career landmarks.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Okay, so the Scotsman headline isn't technically wrong, but 'Failing the second-stage interview for the Rangers gig' surely doesn't belong at the top of the list of Derek McInnes' identifying career landmarks.

:lol:

I wasn't follow following too closely at the time but didn't McInnes knock back the job rather than failing the second round?
Happy to be corrected.
But yes, poor journalism.

On 23/12/2021 at 11:28, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It would actually be more demeaning to Motherwell to be included on that list which is being used to contrast with the big championship clubs he’s playing now

But it might just be that those are the 4 teams Christie has played the most away fixtures against

He’s only played at Tynecastle 4 times and Easter road 5 times

Under other circumstances I’d be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt but in keeping with the spirit of the thread I think he deserves the most severe punishment available: A Falkirk season ticket

Are those figures just for Celtic, or for the years he spent at Aberdeen and The Caley too?  4 at Tynecastle seems very low given Hearts have only been in the Championship for 2 seasons since he made his debut in 2013 (14-15 and 20-21) and Hibs only 3 years (14-17).  

So he's only played at Tynecastle 4 times in his life despite playing in the Premiership for 8 years (13-21)?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/derek-mcinnes-kilmarnock-five-reasons-25859817.amp

“Aberdeen were very rarely outside of the top four under his stewardship, and he guided them to some second-place finishes when Rangers were out of the top flight.”

I suppose you can argue the very rarely outside the top 4 comment is referring to throughout a season, and not final league placings, but not sure why they’ve erased the two second placed finishes in the league after rangers got promoted. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/derek-mcinnes-kilmarnock-five-reasons-25859817.amp

“Aberdeen were very rarely outside of the top four under his stewardship, and he guided them to some second-place finishes when Rangers were out of the top flight.”

I suppose you can argue the very rarely outside the top 4 comment is referring to throughout a season, and not final league placings, but not sure why they’ve erased the two second placed finishes in the league after rangers got promoted. 

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

The Sun running with the headline that Celtic and Rangers will play their games South of the border because of crowd restrictions North of it, is quite a stunning lack of understanding of how International FAs work.

It is The Sun though.