The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I don’t actually think Tom is that thick he’s just trolling. Just to say we had ‘internationalists’ is as lazy an argument as you can get. We were still rightly favourites but when you consider we had no strikers, a right back playing in a front 3 and a man sent off yes you could say we were down to the ‘bare bones’ after all the games we have be playing.

And, you wonder why you’re labeled “victim f.c.”

Total lack of self awareness [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

I don’t actually think Tom is that thick he’s just trolling. Just to say we had ‘internationalists’ is as lazy an argument as you can get. We were still rightly favourites but when you consider we had no strikers, a right back playing in a front 3 and a man sent off yes you could say we were down to the ‘bare bones’ after all the games we have be playing.

25 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

And, you wonder why you’re labeled “victim f.c.”

Total lack of self awareness emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I’m struggling to think anything of my post that suggests ‘Victim’? I was just pointing out that English was at it. Wait, are you the same idiot that said much the same thing on the Celtic thread the other week? I would suggest you actually read the posts properly rather than coming out with the same retort that doesn’t really make sense to what has been said. 

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

I’m struggling to think anything of my post that suggests ‘Victim’? I was just pointing out that English was at it. Wait, are you the same idiot that said much the same thing on the Celtic thread the other week? I would suggest you actually read the posts properly rather than coming out with the same retort that doesn’t really make sense to what has been said. 

You're complaining you have to play a 4 million pound player as an excuse? Most other squads in the SPFL combined don't cost that. You don't see the wnineyness? You don't see the entitlement? You don't see the absolute state of your self-delusion.

Hence "victim", one who constantly complains about things that are minor inconveniences but blows them up out of proportion!

Do you understand English?

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Bulllllllshittttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

You're complaining you have to play a 4 million pound player as an excuse? Most other squads in the SPFL combined don't cost that. You don't see the wnineyness? You don't see the entitlement? You don't see the absolute state of your self-delusion.

Hence "victim", one who constantly complains about things that are minor inconveniences but blows them up out of proportion!

Do you understand English?

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense I even said we were the favourites there was absolutely nothing in my post that is about resembles anything you are moaning about . I accept there will be these type of posts on twitter etc by Celtic fans but it’s like you have read one of them then decided I have said the much same thing.
Also my experience on here is not to converse with those who use lots crying emoji’s and exclamation marks so think we should leave this be.

Edited by gannonball

That's just a really badly written piece. For example, your "for reasons unknown" comment, is attributed to a Mr McVicar. Does STV at any time actually identify who Mr McVicar is? No. We assume he is for the prosecution, considering he references The Crown, but there is nowhere in that article that states who he is. 4 times his name is mentioned, 4 times it was to attribute a quote, not once were they identified.

As for the reasons unknown, I would have taken that comment to be surrounding why they started fighting, not that the context was not known.

It may very well be tied explicitly to the OF game, it might not, but that article is a fucking mess. That said, look at the "authors" name and you'll see why.

That's just a really badly written piece. For example, your "for reasons unknown" comment, is attributed to a Mr McVicar. Does STV at any time actually identify who Mr McVicar is? No. We assume he is for the prosecution, considering he references The Crown, but there is nowhere in that article that states who he is. 4 times his name is mentioned, 4 times it was to attribute a quote, not once were they identified.
As for the reasons unknown, I would have taken that comment to be surrounding why they started fighting, not that the context was not known.
It may very well be tied explicitly to the OF game, it might not, but that article is a fucking mess. That said, look at the "authors" name and you'll see why.

It took me a while to find the STV article by “Court Reporter” or the newspaper one his brother “Record Reporter” because Googling “Old firm day stabbing” brings up a depressingly long list of results from over the years

So it wouldn’t be the most far fetched insinuation to suggest that it happening at one of the stabbiest times of the year might not be a coincidence.

But those naughty Glaswegians are famously a little bit stabby all year round so coincidence can’t be ruled out

I blame the absence of salt’n’sauce

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A classic example of someone being desperate to find an error and jumping in with two feet without engaging their brain.

"Desperate" .. :lol:

Deary me, what a bad choice of a moderator you are.