The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Good grief.

Btw - surely they joined "Lowland rivals in the hat"?

That's a good point. Aside from the obviously shitey clickbait headline, its factually inaccurate as they have bought themselves into the Lowland League this season, so don't have "Premiership rivals"

Also I don't think they use hats anymore

On 05/07/2021 at 12:50, Jacksgranda said:

Somebody else will have to do it, I don't do Twitter. or Facebook for that matter. Or any form of social media other than P&B.

I'll maybe start to explore the options suggested by Slippery P...

Whilst our football journalists still struggle with SPFL, senior and junior: it appears our political and news journalists do not and let us give credit to them for that IMO.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-football-team-investigating-after-24496439

A football club has launched an investigation after a video of sectarian singing at its social club emerged on social media.

Footage, allegedly shot at Luncarty FC's social club, captured a group of people singing about the Irish Republican Army (IRA) to the tune of Daniel Boone's Beautiful Sunday. The 12-second video was posted to Twitter on Saturday, the same day as Luncarty, based in Perthshire, played against Glasgow side St Roch's.

The crowd can be heard allegedly singing: "Oh, oh, oh, it's the republican army. It's the I, I, I, IRA." Posted at 7.57pm on Saturday, Luncarty Football Club and Police Scotland were tagged in the tweet. The tweet read: "IRA support Luncarty social club today from @StRochsJuniors @ScottishFA @scottishjuniors @JohnSwinney.

The Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Junior Football Association were also tagged but neither Luncarty or St Rochs are members of the Scottish Juniors FA league.

Luncarty FC said in a statement that it is aware of the video and the club is carrying out an internal investigation. However, the spokesman stressed that nobody associated with the Luncarty FC was involved in the video. The statement said: "Luncarty were made aware of the video on social media after Saturday. "The club is carrying out an internal investigation but we are satisfied from the video footage that no representative from our playing staff, committee or supporters are involved."

29 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

E07BCDE8-FC87-4B3E-968E-CBEE72A569F1.jpeg

Was looking for the error in the text there, then I realised it’s the picture.

Premier Sports advertising Their coverage of Celtic’s Champions League qualifier against “Dutch side” Midtjylland, during their coverage of the Kelty v Dundee United game deserves noted.

37 minutes ago, Toby said:

Premier Sports advertising Their coverage of Celtic’s Champions League qualifier against “Dutch side” Midtjylland, during their coverage of the Kelty v Dundee United game deserves noted.

Why? I don’t think that’s too bad. 

The local rag The Evening News reviewing our new season mentioned Edinburgh City moved into Ainslie Park when we got promoted into the Scottish League.

Apart from the 1 season City played Scottish League football at Meadowbank before it was demolished that is. 

5 hours ago, Toby said:

Because Midtjylland are Danish.

Ah shit, I’m with you. It was late and I misinterpreted your post as being a complaint at advertising Celtic. 

Please accept my apologies. 

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ah shit, I’m with you. It was late and I misinterpreted your post as being a complaint at advertising Celtic. 

Please accept my apologies. 

You’re alright, it wasn’t a terribly obvious one until pointed out, but one that a broadcaster should be doing much better with.

BBC Sport website:

Cove Rangers, last year's League Two champions, were stunned by a stoppage-time winner from Stirling Albion's Nathan Flanagan.

Queens Park will be disappointed to have had their achievement erased from BBC's version of history.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

BBC Sport website:

Cove Rangers, last year's League Two champions, were stunned by a stoppage-time winner from Stirling Albion's Nathan Flanagan.

Queens Park will be disappointed to have had their achievement erased from BBC's version of history.

Send in a complaint.

2 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

BBC Sport website:

The BBC's defence to that would be that Cove won League Two in 2020, which is last year, but not last season.  

21 minutes ago, resk said:

The BBC's defence to that would be that Cove won League Two in 2020, which is last year, but not last season.  

The BBC's defence would be "wait, someone actually reads and cares about that stuff? Why arent they real Scottish football fans and reading our 8 articles on Rangers and/or Celtic"