The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Guest TheJTS98

This article focuses on England, but applies equally to the issue around last week's Scotland press conference.

And, indeed, more or less any pre or post-match press conference. IMO also applies to the utterly pointless pre-match and post-match pitchside interviews with players. Always great to hear that a player is looking forward to getting out there and is hoping for a good result.

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-press-conferences-tired-arrogant-journalism

That's fair, albeit Celtic are all but arithmetically out of it; there are two realistic title contenders and neither of them are Celtic. 
The issue is definitely the prominence given, but whether that prominence is justified on the basis of the fixture or not (it is), the assumption by the original poster was clearly that it was only getting such prominence due to it being an Old Firm women's game, and not an important women's game. 
It didn't read to me like an anti-women's football post at all, but rather an anti-old firm post. 
If I read that wrong then the guy is a walloper. Don't think I am, though. 

I see that the Celtic side who are not "realistic title contenders" are going into the final game of the season with a chance of winning the title.

It's remarkable how the Scottish media simply cannot prevent themselves twisting every story to include the OF.

On 26/05/2021 at 10:44, The Master said:

That whole article is mess, to be honest.

It's framed as a review of the Scottish football season but it barely breaks out of the Premiership and has three sections on "bonkerdom" instead of a full review of the things that actually define a football season - titles, promotions and relegations. 

At the very least I'd have expected some commentary on Killie's fall from grace finally being complete, and Kelty being promoted to the SPFL

"senior leagues", Shirley?

Guest TheJTS98
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's remarkable how the Scottish media simply cannot prevent themselves twisting every story to include the OF.

It's certainly irritating, but I'm not sure how long we all need to keep pretending to be shocked/surprised/appalled by it.

More people will click on a story with Rangers in the headline than with St Johnstone in the headline. It's not a tough nut to crack.

Why does every single article need to be about clicks? 

There's plenty of material to satisfy the cretins who follow Sevco and Celtic. It's not necessary to do this shite for pretty much every single story in Scottish football.

4 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's certainly irritating, but I'm not sure how long we all need to keep pretending to be shocked/surprised/appalled by it.

More people will click on a story with Rangers in the headline than with St Johnstone in the headline. It's not a tough nut to crack.

Every post on here should just be a dispassionate description of things that are happening

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why does every single article need to be about clicks? 

There's plenty of material to satisfy the cretins who follow Sevco and Celtic. It's not necessary to do this shite for pretty much every single story in Scottish football.

Because print media is a dying medium and click bait brings the most attention and therefore the most money.

Little regard to the actual integrity of journalism and short termism at it's finest as people will click but gradually over time go to other sources.

The traditional media still haven't got a grasp of how the Internet works.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Random guy discovering click bait.....

I mean, I'm clickbait articles in the "terrible journalism" thread for a reason.

Maybe you should f**k off back to the Celtic thread where you can post "sevco" every hour and get green dots off your aliases.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, I'm clickbait articles in the "terrible journalism" thread for a reason.

Maybe you should f**k off back to the Celtic thread where you can post "sevco" every hour and get green dots off your aliases.

What?

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

8 hours ago, bennett said:

What?

E7AE9742-FE23-403A-9B03-2D74F0801BBF.jpeg.8f33274fa7c87374f0ef8af88dc4b23d.jpeg

^^^^^ bennett alias imo