The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Surprised to see Paul Mitchell "revealing" to the UK that Kaka was once a good footballer hasn't arrived here yet.

Genuinely seems to think he's discovered an unknown gem.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It wasn't Paul Mitchell, who I guess could vaguely qualify as a journalist, it was former SPL CEO Roger Mitchell, who definitely isn't a journalist.

My bad.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

How on earth does Roger Mitchell still manage to get himself attention?

By pissing himself publicly like this. At least he wasn't being racist, sexist or transphobic this time around, so that's something.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

By being an absolute moonhowler whenever given the opportunity.

Perfect material for Daily Record/Sun readers.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

God knows. Got suckered into responding ages ago to some pish he was spouting. Been blocked ever since, the delicate flower. Wasn't even directly to him.

Boy was a clown in SPL days and is still a clown. Another of those that doesn't understand the tie to a club and that supporting a club isn't all about winning or playing Juventus, Barca, or whoever every other week.

Not Scotland, but it appears the whole thing about what clubs "deserve" has bled into BBC Englandshire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56873566

Clearly if Liverpool finish in the top 4, they deserve to be in the top 4. That's sort of the point of a league table.

This is more or less the kind of discussion you get on Sportsound every other week. Pick a random club that is ostensibly under- or over-performing and debate whether or not they "deserve" to be where they are. 

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

BBC:856883207_BBCqf.thumb.jpg.1b7da026567666b63f5f304da1c11982.jpg

Sounds good to me.  Have United been thrown out because Micky Mellon advising all United fans to have a party tomorrow?

Presumably the League Cup and the Scottish Cup dont merit part of a "Double dream" for St Johnstone?

The Guardian with its finger up Rangers hoop  on the pulse of Scottish football yet again..................

image.png.127b3bf8c32da9b3a6b21b42956ec572.png

Roger Mitchell is a grade A helmet. I'd love someone to fly to Italy and punch his specs aff.

On the Women's game. I don't have issues with it's place in the press. I like they are actively trying to promote it ( I think maybe a bit to hard at times but I tend to think they are trying to go down the Sky route of in yer face so believe the hype). I have watched a few of the bigger tourneys in the past and the problem is always the same. Most teams have 2 or 3 great players. 4 or 5 who look like they have kicked the ball before, 2 or 3 who got a game cos they turn up to training and the goalie. 

55 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Roger Mitchell is a grade A helmet. I'd love someone to fly to Italy and punch his specs aff.

On the Women's game. I don't have issues with it's place in the press. I like they are actively trying to promote it ( I think maybe a bit to hard at times but I tend to think they are trying to go down the Sky route of in yer face so believe the hype). I have watched a few of the bigger tourneys in the past and the problem is always the same. Most teams have 2 or 3 great players. 4 or 5 who look like they have kicked the ball before, 2 or 3 who got a game cos they turn up to training and the goalie. 

I know it’s not a welcome view from the Women but full size goals means a speculative lob is likely to go in.  Maybe it is different at a world class level but in SWPL games you get 11-0 results.  Compare Hibs goalie on Saturday to the 5 foot 2 girls that defend the same size goals.

46 minutes ago, ropy said:

I know it’s not a welcome view from the Women but full size goals means a speculative lob is likely to go in.  Maybe it is different at a world class level but in SWPL games you get 11-0 results.  Compare Hibs goalie on Saturday to the 5 foot 2 girls that defend the same size goals.

The average height of a current female goalkeeper is the same as the average height of a male goalkeeper was when the dimensions of the goals were added to the laws of the game. I also strongly suspect that current female goalkeepers are more athletic and agile than their historic male counterparts.

3 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

The average height of a current female goalkeeper is the same as the average height of a male goalkeeper was when the dimensions of the goals were added to the laws of the game. I also strongly suspect that current female goalkeepers are more athletic and agile than their historic male counterparts.

I stongly suspect that you haven't watched many games of womens football.