Ludo*1

The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

47 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

its completely inexcusable and someone should be fired for doing that.

If next years semi finalists are Rangers Celtic Aberdeen and Hearts you can bet they won't do something like that.

You were doing well up until then 😂 

52 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

its completely inexcusable and someone should be fired for doing that.

If next years semi finalists are Rangers Celtic Aberdeen and Hearts you can bet they won't do something like that.

You mean like last season, when the semi-finalists were Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs and they posted stuff like this?

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You mean like last season, when the semi-finalists were Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs and they posted stuff like this?

Fair enough but that seems an utterly bizarre strategy, rather than focus on the 4 semi finalist which they have started to do today thankfully. 

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

Fair enough but that seems an utterly bizarre strategy, rather than focus on the 4 semi finalist which they have started to do today thankfully. 

It's a fair shout, but those all look like classics / memorable though rather than just the *** goals from previous year?

18 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There's a whole week before the games, and the account is for fans of all clubs, not just those supporting those teams. If anything, you'd imagine the clubs who are in the semi-final are already engaged and interested in the game, so there's a logic to trying to stir up interest for the rest surely?

14 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

It's a fair shout, but those all look like classics / memorable though rather than just the *** goals from previous year?

I only picked out the tweets involving the teams which weren't involved in the semi-finals last year. You can see above that they included Aberdeen beating Rangers in the previous season, and they also showed Celtic beating Hearts, but I didn't include that since Celtic were involved in the semis again.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There's a whole week before the games, and the account is for fans of all clubs, not just those supporting those teams. If anything, you'd imagine the clubs who are in the semi-final are already engaged and interested in the game, so there's a logic to trying to stir up interest for the rest surely?

. I know our media team has sent a lot of material over and its starting to get used from today. it was more the thought that we were going to have a week of here is a Rangers goal then balanced by here is a Celtic goal until Friday when all 4 teams coverage was squashed into a day. 

if thats not happening fine. 

I follow the media account of the head of media at Lokomotiv Moscow and he used to do media for the Russian league , but stated in an interview recently that league accounts are very hard to run, some clubs supply content, others don't and fan engagement can be hard. Those who do follow the league account also tend to think its always focusing on other teams. I guess with 2 massive clubs that dwarf the rest of the league that is always going to be the case here (Last years goal of the season vote etc)

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I only picked out the tweets involving the teams which weren't involved in the semi-finals last year. You can see above that they included Aberdeen beating Rangers in the previous season, and they also showed Celtic beating Hearts, but I didn't include that since Celtic were involved in the semis again.

Fair enough then.  I've not really paid attention before but it does then seem to be quite balanced and complete as a promotional drive.  

9 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Is the game at Blantyre?

One for the Lanarkshire chaps there .. I see what you did ...👏👏👏

6 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

One for the Lanarkshire chaps there .. I see what you did ...👏👏👏

Lilongwe to go for a game...

According to the amateurs at BBC Scottish Football web page, Hibs are playing a semi final on Sat v the Fakes and Sun v Livi. Certainly increases their chances of getting to the final.

Hell of a way of saying "AC Milan are signing a centre back"

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Is the game at Blantyre?

I presume 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Which has been on the cards for weeks now. Reports from Italian media have been very clear - Simaken was first choice but he's off to RB Leipzig so back up option of Tomori is who they are getting.

What about studies on the effect of these boulders on us kids who played in the 70s and 80s at school, for the BBs, etc?
I can still hear the PYOOIIIIINNG as one of them leathered  (no pun intended) off some poor bugger.
image.png.0b0ede391076797e0390e03d672e2e3d.png
I remember scoring direct from a corner with that very ball. I say direct from a corner, it was a bumpy frosty pitch I skidded it in low (I took corners as I was able to at least hit the ball hard enough to make the box, forget any loft) and a couple of defensive swipe and misses later and it crept in at an unguarded back post. Magic stuff (BB game on pitches behind the church on the Dreghorn / Bourtreehill border)

7 hours ago, NorthBank said:

According to the amateurs at BBC Scottish Football web page, Hibs are playing a semi final on Sat v the Fakes and Sun v Livi. Certainly increases their chances of getting to the final.

Excellent

6 hours ago, G51 said:

6 hours ago, G51 said:

Is that the transfer Ajer was relying on to take him to the big time ?