15 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Chris Burke

Kris Boyd

Lee McCulloch

Kirk Broadfoot

Ian Durrant

Ally Mccoist

Greg Stewart

A couple are a long time ago here but it's a decent list of players who went to Kilmarnock from the former Rangers.

Greg Stewart played for us before he went to Rangers.

14 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Chris Burke

Kris Boyd

Lee McCulloch

Kirk Broadfoot

Ian Durrant

Ally Mccoist

Greg Stewart

A couple are a long time ago here but it's a decent list of players who went to Kilmarnock from the former Rangers.

Hold on, sorry to be a pedant, but you’re including Greg Stewart in that list as having went to Kilmarnock from Rangers? He left Rangers at the age of 13 😂

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Hold on, sorry to be a pedant, but you’re including Greg Stewart in that list as having went to Kilmarnock from Rangers? He left Rangers at the age of 13 😂

Haha

I compiled a list in 10 seconds of people who have gone to Kilmarnock post Rangers. 

Very sensitive about it .. both Sevco and Killie fans. It's hardly a big deal 😆

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Sharing players back and forward then.

Not a criticism , just something that has happened a lot (ex Rangers players signing for Kilmarnock afterwards)

As I said above  it's pretty much 50/50 & suspect it is going to become a rarity with the disparity in wages.

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Haha

I compiled a list in 10 seconds of people who have gone to Kilmarnock post Rangers. 

Very sensitive about it .. both Sevco and Killie fans. It's hardly a big deal 😆

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve no issues with the original claim, I was just surprised to see Greg Stewart included in the Kilmarnock Sevco Retirement Home list haha.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve no issues with the original claim, I was just surprised to see Greg Stewart included in the Kilmarnock Sevco Retirement Home list haha.

You are right on that one. Unless he ends up back at Killie again for his last couple of years!

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You are right on that one. Unless he ends up back at Killie again for his last couple of years!

Let’s be honest, that is probably going to be where he ends up eh 😂

17 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Sharing players back and forward then.

Not a criticism , just something that has happened a lot (ex Rangers players signing for Kilmarnock afterwards)

Aye, imagine a lot of players who once played for Rangers turning up at another club. You'd certainly never see the likes of Ross McCrorie, Andrius Velicka, Steven Smith, Steven McLean, Maurice Ross or Stephen Hughes playing for Aberdeen, or even going back and forth between them like Ricky Foster or Greg Stewart.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, imagine a lot of players who once played for Rangers turning up at another club. You'd certainly never see the likes of Ross McCrorie, Andrius Velicka, Steven Smith, Steven McLean, Maurice Ross or Stephen Hughes playing for Aberdeen, or even going back and forth between them like Ricky Foster or Greg Stewart.

Ross McCrorie was the first Rangers player to join Aberdeen on a permanent transfer for over 50 years 😄

Plenty of players have gone Killie to Rangers direct as permanent signings and vice versa in that time!

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

To be fair I can't remember Velicka playing!

3 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

The bear never came to us sadly but Willie McStay, George McCluskey, Steve Fulton, Billy Stark, Dugald McCarrison, Momo Sylla are a few to spring to mind. Probably 50/50 between ex Celtic & Rangers players winding down with us over the past 30 odd years although they get fewer as the years go by.

Apologies 

f**k me[mention=10614]Dunning1874[/mention] I had scrubbed all bar McCrorie and Foster playing with us from my mind. Really didn't need the nightmares of the late Calderwood and full McGhee and Brown eras brought back to me!

Back to Terrible Journalism (or paranoia). I've just become aware that "The Herald"  has a "Chief Rangers Reporter" and a complementary "Chief Celtic Reporter". Which means that there must be Junior Rangers/Celtic Reporters too.  Jings. There may be a Chief Partick/County/Hamilton/United/Diddies Reporter as well - somehow I doubt it. 

This is the paper that changed its name from "The Glasgow Herald"  to demonstrate that it was a all-Scotland serious broadsheet. Aye, right. A parochial paper that described AVFTT as "a sideways look at football" without seeing that their paper presents a tunnel-vision view of our game.