The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

Quite the exchange here, two pundits refusing to see each other’s point of view and just talking over each other.

Im not seeing anything wrong here. Two people with differing strong opinions. 

Would much rather they put their points across and had a conversation such as this one rather than the all cuddly shite you get with other pundits.

29 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Would much rather they put their points across and had a conversation such as this one rather than the all cuddly shite you get with other pundits.

100% this.

I'm not a fan of Sutton when he plays the shock jock thing.  It's also abundantly clear that Stewart becomes a bit irrational around the subject of Craig Levein.  

That particular exchange is fine though.  It's the type of thing we need more of.  Pat Bonner for instance would be utterly incapable of participating in such a conversation.

35 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I've no issue with people having differing opinions, that's mainly what keeps people interested in football beyond the actual games, but this just seems like two blokes arguing down the pub being unable to let the other talk without interrupting, talking over each other, Stewart with his condescending wee waggling finger towards Sutton, Sutton with remarks about not being surprised Stewart is arguing with him then baiting him about Craig Levein. Then after all that, Darrell Currie had to step in a say we'll come back to it later as even he could tell both were just going to keep going on.

Have differing opinions all you want, but this just screamed amateur (in my opinion, at least).

On 13/10/2020 at 12:55, Green Day said:

The sub editor - their only role is to endure the "R number" (i.e. times the sticky buns are mentioned) is kept above 50 per day.

Is it not the readers who "endure"?

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

100% this.

I'm not a fan of Sutton when he plays the shock jock thing.  It's also abundantly clear that Stewart becomes a bit irrational around the subject of Craig Levein.  

That particular exchange is fine though.  It's the type of thing we need more of.  Pat Bonner for instance would be utterly incapable of participating in such a conversation.

FTFY

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
From the managers? They must have been edited now as I can't see anything wrong.

Hibs drew and Celtic lost. They did move closer to Celtic.

Haha! f**k sake, didn't pick up on that!

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I gave them a click. Couldn't help myself.

Fascinating stuff.

Rangers must be in with a sniff of winning the title then.

I'd thought she'd be more into Morelos, as he's a product of Columbia.