The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I see Paul Lambert is claiming Rangers is under 'horrendous' pressure to stop Celtic's 10iar (or is 10*iar, or 9½iar - I honestly couldn't care).

Classic lazy journalism.

"Team X is shit and team Y will win, <insert ex-player of team Y>"

Nice of Rangers in there hour of need to phone up Paul and tell him

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Only in Scotland could what Club C do, affect the history of Club R. So Paul Lambert saying that if Celtic win 10 league titles in a row (*) it will affect the history of Rangers, to most reasonable thinking folk this is ludicrous. It will affect the history of Celtic and that's it.

It wont affect the club but it would probably stop Rangers fans talking about and boasting about the 90s and 9 in a row.

It wont affect the club but it would probably stop Rangers fans talking about and boasting about the 90s and 9 in a row.

They use eachother to define themselves. These numbers, just like the "going for 55" are irrelevant to anyone with half a brain. Once Celtic get 10iar though, their whole rivalry takes on a new level of pointlessness, which should be nice for everyone else

They use eachother to define themselves. These numbers, just like the "going for 55" are irrelevant to anyone with half a brain. Once Celtic get 10iar though, their whole rivalry takes on a new level of pointlessness, which should be nice for everyone else

Which is why sellick won’t win the league, there’s going to be future opportunities and ways to keep the cheeks duopoly interesting for the morons who support them

The 10 IAR debate basically sums up their entire rivalry and mentality of those supporting those clubs.

An entirely meaningless, entirely fabricated subject matter perpetuated by Kenny Macintyre asking the likes of John Hartson to tell us how important it all is.

Some people's first question when football stopped and the world went into lockdown was 'Whit aboot 10 in a row?'.

I sometimes wonder if OF fans are completely oblivious to how thick they appear to the diddies of this world or whether their arrogance genuinely has them believe that we 'just don't understand''.

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The 10 IAR debate basically sums up their entire rivalry and mentality of those supporting those clubs.

An entirely meaningless, entirely fabricated subject matter perpetuated by Kenny Macintyre asking the likes of John Hartson to tell us how important it all is.

Some people's first question when football stopped and the world went into lockdown was 'Whit aboot 10 in a row?'.

I sometimes wonder if OF fans are completely oblivious to how thick they appear to the diddies of this world or whether their arrogance genuinely has them believe that we 'just don't understand''.

Respectfully, I think you’re off the mark here. The 10IAR debate has certainly grown traction in recent times (post 2012), but to say it sums up a rivalry that has spanned decades doesn’t seem quite right.

It gives the fans bragging rights, but every rivalry has that (Hearts v Hibs 5-1 for a prime example).

Whether 10IAR happens or not, it won’t really change the way I see the rivalry. 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Respectfully, I think you’re off the mark here. The 10IAR debate has certainly grown traction in recent times (post 2012), but to say it sums up a rivalry that has spanned decades doesn’t seem quite right.

It gives the fans bragging rights, but every rivalry has that (Hearts v Hibs 5-1 for a prime example).

Whether 10IAR happens or not, it won’t really change the way I see the rivalry. 

The rivalry has changed since 2012 the war was won,sevco are just another city rival like the jags more like a noisy neighbour.
The club you're watching has no bragging rights it's done nothing, it's just a bigger version of Gretna.
There is no decades just one, the problem is you don't relies it yet, this club is the biggest diddy in Scotland.