Jump to content

The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:
In fairness to Ferdinand, the conversation probably went: 
'do you back your old mate Defoe to continue scoring goals in Scotland?'
'Yes'
'Thanks Les, we've got everything we need.'

Yeah in these types of clickbaity bullshit stories, the question asked basically writes the story for them. All they need is some eye rolling acknowledgement from the subject to scurry off and sensationalise it.

Indeed. I haven't read the quotes so could be wrong but I'd be surprised if he said anything other than a generic comment that he'd back Defoe to do well next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Indeed. I haven't read the quotes so could be wrong but I'd be surprised if he said anything other than a generic comment that he'd back Defoe to do well next season.

I always imagine the Record journalists to be like wildly enthusiastic, Simpsons style characters, tricking a big shot into a passing mention of the arse cheeks then scurrying off excitedly to feed it to their idiot readership. Childish stuff really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I always imagine the Record journalists to be like wildly enthusiastic, Simpsons style characters, tricking a big shot into a passing mention of the arse cheeks then scurrying off excitedly to feed it to their idiot readership. Childish stuff really. 

We had a press conference last season to welcome new signing Laurentiu Branescu, who we had on loan from Juventus. The thing lasted about 20 minutes, and about 18 of those were from the types of journalists you describe asking him what it was like to train with Buffon and work under Conte.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

We had a press conference last season to welcome new signing Laurentiu Branescu, who we had on loan from Juventus. The thing lasted about 20 minutes, and about 18 of those were from the types of journalists you describe asking him what it was like to train with Buffon and work under Conte.

Im just surprised it wasnt "What does Buffon think about Shagger McGregor" tbh.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Im just surprised it wasnt "What does Buffon think about Shagger McGregor" tbh.  

Usually the question is "are you excited about playing at Celtic Park/Ibrox".

Answered with a "Yes".

Headline then reads, depending on whether it was Celtic Park or Ibrox, "NEW KILLIE SIGNING DECLARES IBROX BEST STADIUM HES EVER PLAYED IN"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Usually the question is "are you excited about playing at Celtic Park/Ibrox".

Answered with a "Yes".

Headline then reads, depending on whether it was Celtic Park or Ibrox, "NEW KILLIE SIGNING DECLARES IBROX BEST STADIUM HES EVER PLAYED IN"

Best atmosphere I’ve ever played in!!!!1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I always imagine the Record journalists to be like wildly enthusiastic, Simpsons style characters, tricking a big shot into a passing mention of the arse cheeks then scurrying off excitedly to feed it to their idiot readership. Childish stuff really. 

One of the (many) reasons these cretins should not be referred to as 'journalists'  as they're nothing of the sort.

They're salesmen. Nothing more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness to Ferdinand, the conversation probably went: 

'do you back your old mate Defoe to continue scoring goals in Scotland?'

'I thought he'd retired. Who's he playing for?'

'Rangers'

'Oh, he'll score a hatful. Pub league, innit'

'Thanks Les, we've got everything we need.'

FTFY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

DONS FANS SLAMS SHAMELESS MEDIA

Like that?

Basically, although that's quite an accurate headline.

Maybe more like 'DONS FANS DO NOT BELIEVE IN A FREE PRESS - CITE MISLEADING COMMENTS FROM LES FERDINAND'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Usually the question is "are you excited about playing at Celtic Park/Ibrox".

Answered with a "Yes".

Headline then reads, depending on whether it was Celtic Park or Ibrox, "NEW KILLIE SIGNING DECLARES IBROX BEST STADIUM HES EVER PLAYED IN"

Back in the day when Rangers and Celtic signed big name players, I loved it when they asked that and the player, despite having played for Boca Juniors/Galatasary etc said he'd heard it was a hostile atmosphere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One of the (many) reasons these cretins should not be referred to as 'journalists'  as they're nothing of the sort.

They're salesmen. Nothing more.

Churnalists is probably a more accurate term these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 years ago I remember Meadowbank fanzine AWOL had a cartoon with a copy of the Record in it- depicted on the front page was the headline "MCCOIST FINDS 20p" and on the back page "FOUND 10p AT CHRISTMAS BUT IT WAS IRISH"

Nothing ever changes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53062777

I'm genuinely a bit sorry to see what Tom English has become.  

He genuinely is seething over this, isn't he.

Anyway, I hope all you misogynists are properly chastened. Get ra Hertz back in the top flight NOW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...