The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It struck me that the coverage of the colt proposal was awash with terrible journalism, in ways pointed out across multiple platforms and even multiple threads across this forum. 

The laziest claim, though, may be that colt teams will grow from playing against battle hardened, seasoned campaigners, these experienced pros, running through league 2. 

Alas, none of these journalists have bothered checked the average age of the players in League 2 which, according to transfermarkt.com, is 25.2. That makes it the youngest league in the entire SPFL. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

The laziest claim, though, may be that colt teams will grow from playing against battle hardened, seasoned campaigners, these experienced pros, running through league 2. 

Alas, none of these journalists have bothered checked the average age of the players in League 2 which, according to transfermarkt.com, is 25.2. That makes it the youngest league in the entire SPFL. 

Look at you with all your research and facts and stuff. Look where it's got you? You're clearly not fit for this journalism lark :) 

16 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Look at you with all your research and facts and stuff. Look where it's got you? You're clearly not fit for this journalism lark :) 

Awk well. Thommo insists the old firm fans would turn out in their 'thousands'. So that's the main thing. 

Best just leave them to it, professional as they are. 

This would explain why Hickey hasn't publicly come out demanding an asterisk next to Celtic's 19/20 league win.
The plot fucking thickens, Aaron.
I'm hoping Bears in the Big Blue Hoose post an emergency podcast addressing this outrage.

I've heard rumours that Hickey was in so deep with that mhob, he was even receiving a wage from them.

Wee Nippy must condemn.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm hoping Bears in the Big Blue Hoose post an emergency podcast addressing this outrage.

I've heard rumours that Hickey was in so deep with that mhob, he was even receiving a wage from them.

Wee Nippy must condemn.

Aye, and to think some people are kidding themselves that the Kafflicks aren't just running Scottish football but they are deep in the Scottish Government.

This goes to the very top, man.

22 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Awk well. Thommo insists the old firm fans would turn out in their 'thousands'. So that's the main thing. 

Best just leave them to it, professional as they are. 

I've said this before, but presumably the Piggy Wigs wouldn't allow Rangers and Celtic B to play at home on the same weekend while Celtic and Rangers B were playing away.

1 minute ago, nsr said:

I've said this before, but presumably the Piggy Wigs wouldn't allow Rangers and Celtic B to play at home on the same weekend while Celtic and Rangers B were playing away.

The reality is they'd not be turning out to league 2 or league 1 grounds in their thousands, as they have proven in the challenge cup. 

On 24/05/2020 at 19:13, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200524-191028_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c424e33c47cea67626cebbc70153a728.jpg

Put on the BBC website 3 hours ago.

Last week it came out that Davidson, Wright and Kane were all in talks, while Craig and Booth were on the verge of agreeing 6 month deals. 

The rest were free to leave.

Callum Hendry? He signed a deal until 2022 4 months ago.

BBC have managed to update this almost every day at other clubs, and have even updated St Johnstones itself, but are still claiming Callum Hendry is out of contract.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 hours ago, AndyDD said:

The reality is they'd not be turning out to league 2 or league 1 grounds in their thousands, as they have proven in the challenge cup. 

Germany is often touted as a place where colts teams work. The big sides all have them and, what a surprise, crowds are in the hundreds not thousands at home games and very few at away games. They do sometimes meet up at derbies to kick the shite out of each other.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

18 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Yeah. There really is only 1 fixture in those leagues for which the fans would turn out in any numbers. And it won’t benefit any of the other teams...

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Imagine caring who your players support. Or players of a team you don’t care about support.

I've a feeling this wouldn't be news if Hickey had a Partick scarf round his neck.

Seem to remember a story about a decade ago where they had a photo of Kevin Bridges in the Celtic end at Ibrox.

Comedian who grew up in Clydebank supports Celtic. Well I for 1 think hanging is too good.

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've a feeling this wouldn't be news if Hickey had a Partick scarf round his neck.

Seem to remember a story about a decade ago where they had a photo of Kevin Bridges in the Celtic end at Ibrox.

Comedian who grew up in Clydebank supports Celtic. Well I for 1 think hanging is too good.

Partick thistle are his big team.