The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Thie evening I tuned into RockSport for the first time ever as I saw they had Martin Canning coming on. Within half a minute - before Canning came on - one of the presenters said "what's this zonal marking all about" and his co-presenter replied with "isn't that a defensive thing"?
I don't think I'm their target audience.

The co-presenter is frequently Hugh "Whit's the goalie daein Tam" Burns so a lack of footballing knowledge shouldn't be a surprise.

I’ve just watched open mouthed as the BBC Scotland news on BBC Breakfast told us the Celtic score from last night, and then proceeded to tell us all that Rangers and Kilmarnock are playing in the Europa League today, putting up the caption showing both ties and what the first leg score was. Sad as I am, I rewound the programme and found out that they had done exactly the same thing half an hour earlier at 7.00. 

Has our match been postponed?

Not football related, but BBC sport related...

I am not into formula one, but seemingly Lewis Hamilton benefitted from the safety car to win the British Grand Prix at the weekend. BBC has a full article dedicated to "aye but he would have won even if it wisnae fur the safety car!!!"

Pathetic.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just watched open mouthed as the BBC Scotland news on BBC Breakfast told us the Celtic score from last night, and then proceeded to tell us all that Rangers and Kilmarnock are playing in the Europa League today, putting up the caption showing both ties and what the first leg score was. Sad as I am, I rewound the programme and found out that they had done exactly the same thing half an hour earlier at 7.00. 

Has our match been postponed?

They’ve just done it AGAIN at 8.00!!!!

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They’ve just done it AGAIN at 8.00!!!!

It was exactly the same in the first bulletin at 0630 as well and there was no mention of the Betfred results either. Even a run through of the tie winners wouldn't be too difficult. And what is it about Scotland that (according to the BBC Scotland telly news) there are never, ever any travel issues (road, rail, air or sea) before 0700? 

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Check in at 9.00 and keep us updated. Hoping for a hat trick.

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Check in at 9.00 and keep us updated. Hoping for a hat trick.

It would have been 8.30, and I missed it. Sorry.

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Thie evening I tuned into RockSport for the first time ever as I saw they had Martin Canning coming on. Within half a minute - before Canning came on - one of the presenters said "what's this zonal marking all about" and his co-presenter replied with "isn't that a defensive thing"?
I don't think I'm their target audience.

And there was your error! 😂

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am not into formula one, but seemingly Lewis Hamilton benefitted from the safety car to win the British Grand Prix at the weekend. BBC has a full article dedicated to "aye but he would have won even if it wisnae fur the safety car!!!"

Pathetic.

He would have would he not? F1 is a shit show and Hamilton has been the Champion in the fasted car for ages.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Pathetic.

Benson is Hamilton's chief fanboy. It's beyond nauseating.