The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I have no idea what shitpaper like the Record etc would do these days without braindead journo's sitting trawling though social media.

Is this what Journalism degrees are all about these days?

A few posts I've read on Twitter say yes.

26 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I see the comments are up to the usual standard from 'the fans' :lol: 

Dreadful article but not unsurprising :o 

More lazy editing than terrible journalism. In the middle of decent interview with the new Dundee United manager, there's an pull-out quote ('The Scottish Championship is completely different'), which isn't repeated anywhere else in the article.  So you're left wondering why the Championship is different and who thinks so - Csaba Laszlo? Stephen Thompson? The writer?

Edited by Mr Heliums

This pish

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41916209    "Rangers: Dick Advocaat thinks Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is ready for Ibrox"

Does he f**k as like, but this quote really did piss me off

"He did a great job at Aberdeen [and] he's the right age," the 70-year-old told BBC Scotland.

DID???????

Edited by Raidernation
Fixed linky!

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

This pish

http://www.bbc.com/sport/foot     "Rangers: Dick Advocaat thinks Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is ready for Ibrox"

Does he f**k as like, but this quote really did piss me off

DID???????

Page not found........

On 11/6/2017 at 16:03, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I have no idea what shitpaper like the Record etc would do these days without braindead journo's sitting trawling though social media.

Is this what Journalism degrees are all about these days?

I'm sure there were a couple of guys on here taking Sports Journalism degree courses.  I hope they've seen the error of their ways - even the best sports journalists are barely capable of abstract thought. The number of genuinely well-written, insightful articles on Scottish football must be fewer than five a year.  Instead it boils down to "Five Things We Learned From Hibs Playing A Back Three"  or " Rangers Starlet Roy McRorie Talks About His First Drake Concert While Taking On Lee Wallace at FIFA18".

If you were to read the BBC article on Dick Advocaat's view on Mcinnes, they'd have you believe he gave a glowing recommendation to Mcinnes for the Rangers job.

Then you listen to Sportsound and you realise Advocaat gave a very generic answer, then the follow up question 'does he have the quality to be Rangers manager?'  Advocaat says he has no idea.

No mention of this anywhere on the BBC article.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you were to read the BBC article on Dick Advocaat's view on Mcinnes, they'd have you believe he gave a glowing recommendation to Mcinnes for the Rangers job.

Then you listen to Sportsound and you realise Advocaat gave a very generic answer, then the follow up question 'does he have the quality to be Rangers manager?'  Advocaat says he has no idea.

No mention of this anywhere on the BBC article.

Just listened to it now and it's hard to imagine if he could be any more non-commital about it. Basically admitted he doesn't follow Scottish football any more and didn't know anything about McInnes as a manager but that was apparently enough for the media to post another ringing endorsement article.

According to the BBC website's report on the McKee - Shiels incident and 8 match ban, Dunfermline and Falkirk next face each other on December 23rd. That will be a surprise to the fans who are planning on going to the game on the 2nd January, and to Brechin (who play the Pars at East End on Dec 23rd) and Dumbarton (who are at home to Falkirk that day). It took my literally 20 seconds on Google to check those fixtures btw.

11 hours ago, Swello said:

emb1.gif

Again, where, seriously where, in the name of God, does this notion come from?

We all know that it's a club that simply could not conceivably behave with less dignity, but why is there this desire to draw attention to its absence by way of comical, ludicrous irony?

I do not understand it.  I suspect its roots have something to do with some daft supremacist idea, but it really Is baffling, as well as funny.