The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

BBC’s Jane Lewis’ match report on County v Motherwell yesterday referred to ‘Paul’ Hartley hitting the crossbar and ‘Louise’ Moult scoring a header. I’m sure Peter and Louis are thrilled. 

To be fair that's quite a high success rate for her. She once spent an entire match at Tannadice saying how well St Mirren were playing when it was Dunfermline they were playing.

On 11/3/2017 at 15:49, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There is no way Barry came up with a word like imponderables.

No real Rangers man could.

Yeah, sounds a bit Latin, doesn't it? I'm sure Baz knows Vatican II (Attack of the Killer Vaticans) did away with all that stuff.

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

BBC’s Jane Lewis’ match report on County v Motherwell yesterday referred to ‘Paul’ Hartley hitting the crossbar and ‘Louise’ Moult scoring a header. I’m sure Peter and Louis are thrilled. 

I hope Paul and Louise are very happy together.

On 11/3/2017 at 16:48, Darren said:

Can admin automatically change Barry Ferguson to Auberon Waugh from now on?

Fixed that for you.

On 11/3/2017 at 15:22, The Minertaur said:

Barry Ferguson is back with his take on the Rangers managerial vacancy.  http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-helped-rangers-win-11457014

"No, what I was trying to explain is that there are all sorts of imponderables when it comes to choosing a manager for a club like this one. The likes of David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew might have great CVs but there’s no way of knowing, until they get across the front door, how they will cope with the demands of being at Rangers. It’s not like any other job or any other club."

Aye David Moyes who managed Man Utd or Sam Allardyce who was briefly England manager wouldn't cope with the demands of Rangers.

I think the question there is, "Are you a Billy, a Dan, or an old tin can?"

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To be fair that's quite a high success rate for her. She once spent an entire match at Tannadice saying how well St Mirren were playing when it was Dunfermline they were playing.

When you consider the opposition, it really is quite an effort for Lewis to be comfortably the worst person on Sportsound.

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't understand how Jane Lewis continues to work as a broadcast journalist.

When she’s on Off The Ball, she just spends the whole time giggling. No idea how she manages it, but that’s what she does. Absolute amateur.

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see that article seems to be purely based on trawling through Twitter looking for any Tweets to back up their story.  When you look at the Twitter users selected and have a look through their timelines they're either thick as shit or the sort who just constantly Tweet all things negative about the club they claim to support.  

I see that article seems to be purely based on trawling through Twitter looking for any Tweets to back up their story.  When you look at the Twitter users selected and have a look through their timelines they're either thick as shit or the sort who just constantly Tweet all things negative about the club they claim to support.  

One person I follow was quoted in the article. All they were saying was in reference to DM post match interview they didn't agree with his summary of the game

Not that they wanted him gone.

Pathetic excuse for journalism.