The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Scotland are playing the Netherlands in a game of football soon. Absolutely no journalist in the country seems to have acknowledged this, instead insisting we're playing Holland. Infuriating.

Just wait for Chick Faeces’ main story on this :-
“King Billy 1690 XI v. Scotland”............

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Scotland are playing the Netherlands in a game of football soon. Absolutely no journalist in the country seems to have acknowledged this, instead insisting we're playing Holland. Infuriating.

Perhaps the SFA have secretly brokered a deal to play a Netherlands team consisting only of players born in Holland?

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From today’s BBC Scottish Gossip page - McCoist linked with Sunderland.

I'm not sure how reporting what the newspapers are saying in a gossip column is terrible journalism on the part of the BBC?  

2 hours ago, Darren said:

I'm not sure how reporting what the newspapers are saying in a gossip column is terrible journalism on the part of the BBC?  

I’m sure that they should be choosing items from today’s newspapers that have at least a semblance of possibility about them.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I’m sure that they should be choosing items from today’s newspapers that have at least a semblance of possibility about them.

It's a column that highlights the main stories from the back pages of the morning papers. It'd be pretty remiss and poor journalism if they just ignored it. 
You can't criticise the BBC for a lack of impartiality then have a go at them when they don't editorialise. 

1 minute ago, Darren said:

It's a column that highlights the main stories from the back pages of the morning papers. It'd be pretty remiss and poor journalism if they just ignored it. 
You can't criticise the BBC for a lack of impartiality then have a go at them when they don't editorialise. 

Aye, ok.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:32, EpicMike said:

bbcfail.thumb.png.ff8225659b3e4af2956d41ab4baa55e7.png

Wow PSG are lethal, able to put 5 goals past Celtic without actually playing them.

Noticed that last night* myself! :lol:

* Tuesday night, even

Edited by Jacksgranda

Barry Ferguson is back with his take on the Rangers managerial vacancy.  http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-helped-rangers-win-11457014

"No, what I was trying to explain is that there are all sorts of imponderables when it comes to choosing a manager for a club like this one. The likes of David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew might have great CVs but there’s no way of knowing, until they get across the front door, how they will cope with the demands of being at Rangers. It’s not like any other job or any other club."

Aye David Moyes who managed Man Utd or Sam Allardyce who was briefly England manager wouldn't cope with the demands of Rangers.