The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

See point b.

If they know nothing about it they lose the right to comment on it. You seem very worked up about this.

As far as I can tell, most of them don't comment on it, because they don't give a toss about it.

As far as I can tell, most of them don't comment on it, because they don't give a toss about it.

Nah to be fair I lived down there for a few years and most are happy to dismiss it as pub football at best even though they’ve not watched a game in their life.

Many were also convinced that I must have an English team that I support even with if I claimed to be an aberdeen fan. I also had a couple who refused to believe that I didn’t have leanings towards one of Celtic or rangers.

I have no problem with them taking no interest, but they do tend to comment ignorantly on it.

Nah to be fair I lived down there for a few years and most are happy to dismiss it as pub football at best even though they’ve not watched a game in their life.

Many were also convinced that I must have an English team that I support even with if I claimed to be an aberdeen fan. I also had a couple who refused to believe that I didn’t have leanings towards one of Celtic or rangers.

I have no problem with them taking no interest, but they do tend to comment ignorantly on it.

These people are clearly morons.

Guest Moomintroll

Encountered the Celtic/Sevco thing quite a few times as well. To be fair most people do get it quickly and the reality is that they are the only teams that get any coverage down here. Best example was with a couple of Tranmere fans I worked with when I asked them if they were Liverpool or Everton, they hate both of them as they pull fans out of the Wirral, they got the point straightaway.

Guest Moomintroll

Although in all honestly we are getting sidetracked from the point of the thread so best if we all shut up about it and let someone post about whatever that moron Jackson has written today.

Souness as lived the vast majority of his life in England, got the chance to manage Rangers and then fled back home after a couple of years. Why his opinions on our game should even be considered baffles me. He has no interest nor knowledge and if he were Scotland manager would undoubtedly flood the team with Anglos.

I don't doubt he was a decent player in his day, but a poor sportsman on the field. As for a hard man, lol. I can think of a dozen off the top of my head who wouldn't see him in their way.