The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

"I live in England and there was always an interest in Scottish football from football fans in England. That's no longer the case.”

Goes without saying really, but who the f**k cares what England thinks about Scottish football you utter helmet.

He sees absolutely no need to explain why a lack of English interest should be regarded as a huge problem.

It just is one apparently and if not addressed, it has the power to see our game die.  It's the fact he's not challenged that infuriates me.

37 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

"So everyone who rejoiced at Rangers' problems, I hope they've had a rethink and they now see the consequences of that."

cup.jpg.421c26592e719181e96274993e9643cc.jpgict.jpg.4337b4f5022d7f73e3b0f56d1f71969c.jpg59f0d592cdcad_stj.jpg.d1f21b5b5cc6f6599d4151ddf3b9a2ec.jpgrc.jpg.dbf41876737207039acf39664b935f36.jpgstm.jpg.aa2589f944bbd293960a978d62768853.jpgab.jpg.ca12abf6259347062c82eecb6454a9b7.jpg

Aye Graeme, we're all gutted that we made the wrong call back then.

Spot on.

That was the single biggest consequence of having the duopoly broken and it was wonderful.

34 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

Plenty of laughs in that from Souness but, like any decent comic, he kept his best joke for the finale.

“the vast majority of Rangers supporters are realistic."

Brilliant!

The vast majority of Rangers supporters aren't even realistic.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Souness also had the luxury of English clubs being banned from Europe, so had that carrot to dangle, without players having to uproot abroad.

The truly laughable bit is that the cretin himself doesn't even know this.

In that same BBC piece he claims that he was able to sign Butcher (in 1986) due to English clubs spending money rebuilding their grounds after the Hillsborough disaster (of 1989).

He can't even speak about his own career with authority, yet we're meant to listen to his wisdom about the greater good of our game.

Souness is absolutely bang on the money. I have absolutely hated finishing 2nd three seasons running, being one of only 2 clubs to finish runner up in the last 6 years, hearing the Champions League music play as my wee club takes the field, seeing Michael Higdon in a Motherwell kit being the leagues top scorer, stripping the face off Rangers in the playoffs (which was apparently in front of the whole world according to you), and then ragdolling them around the place to get to our first cup final since 2011.

Been fucking diabolical so it has...seriously thinking about jacking this pishy football thing in.

Aye Ready ya fucking bellend.

Edited by Al B

5 minutes ago, Al B said:

Souness is absolutely bang on the money. I have absolutely hated finishing 2nd three seasons running, being one of only 2 clubs to finish runner up in the last 6 years, hearing the Champions League music play as my wee club takes the field, stripping the face off Rangers in the playoffs (which was apparently in front of the whole world according to you), and then ragdolling them around the place to get to our first cup final since 2011.

Been fucking diabolical so it has...seriously thinking about jacking this pishy football thing in.

Aye Ready ya fucking bellend.

Ah, but you see, you don't count.

All you do is invest time, money and emotion in a team that actually plays here.  

It's people in Hemel Hempstead who might occasionally glance at the score when Celtic play Rangers that we need to be concerned about, for it's their outlook that has the potential to kill our entire game.  I can't believe you don't get this.  It's so obvious.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

"So everyone who rejoiced at Rangers' problems, I hope they've had a rethink and they now see the consequences of that."

cup.jpg.421c26592e719181e96274993e9643cc.jpgict.jpg.4337b4f5022d7f73e3b0f56d1f71969c.jpg59f0d592cdcad_stj.jpg.d1f21b5b5cc6f6599d4151ddf3b9a2ec.jpgrc.jpg.dbf41876737207039acf39664b935f36.jpgstm.jpg.aa2589f944bbd293960a978d62768853.jpgab.jpg.ca12abf6259347062c82eecb6454a9b7.jpg

Aye Graeme, we're all gutted that we made the wrong call back then.

Hated saving our club and returning to the Premiership at the first time of asking, absolutely pumping the new Rangers on the way. Hated it.

067_324__hearts_1430588070_standard.jpg

From the Daily Record (Dhaily Rhebel, Daily Rangers) match report from Ibrox last night:

Jason Holt showed enough to merit a starting slot in the Rangers team for Murrayfield at the weekend and beyond. Holt has been harshly dealt with this season, in terms of his lack of game time. But the former Hearts midfielder gives Caixinha's team an energy and dynamism that they've been lacking – and he took his winning goal brilliantly last night. Holt arrived late in the box with a trademark run and finished it superbly. He deserves a jersey against his old club on Saturday especially with Graham Dorrans now an injury doubt and Ryan Jack suspended following his red card against Killie.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/rangers-1-kilmarnock-1-injury-11409734

From the Daily Record (Dhaily Rhebel, Daily Rangers) match report from Ibrox last night:
Jason Holt showed enough to merit a starting slot in the Rangers team for Murrayfield at the weekend and beyond. Holt has been harshly dealt with this season, in terms of his lack of game time. But the former Hearts midfielder gives Caixinha's team an energy and dynamism that they've been lacking – and he took his winning goal brilliantly last night. Holt arrived late in the box with a trademark run and finished it superbly. He deserves a jersey against his old club on Saturday especially with Graham Dorrans now an injury doubt and Ryan Jack suspended following his red card against Killie.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/rangers-1-kilmarnock-1-injury-11409734

In fairness the rangers fans that work for the daily record left after 85 minutes

3 minutes ago, Crilly said:

Tom English's statement at 1425 yesterday that Kenny Miller's comeback and 2 goals was the story of the day.   This was a full 35 minutes before the rest of the Scottish football card kicked off. 

TBF only Celtic losing yesterday would have trumped it considering Millers high profile clash with his previous manager.

1 hour ago, Crilly said:

Tom English's statement at 1425 yesterday that Kenny Miller's comeback and 2 goals was the story of the day.   This was a full 35 minutes before the rest of the Scottish football card kicked off. 

You should know the pattern by now. English was saying things against The People last week so he'll now have to go into sycophancy mode  for a while to make up for it.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I've lived in London and can confirm nobody gives a f**k about Scottish football unless they're chucking Celtic or Rangers onto their coupon. Had a few lads in my office who didn't even realise Rangers were playing in League Two.

I can also confirm the same in Birmingham and The Black Country.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I've lived in London and can confirm nobody gives a f**k about Scottish football unless they're chucking Celtic or Rangers onto their coupon. Had a few lads in my office who didn't even realise Rangers were playing in League Two.

We never played in league two tho.

Guest Moomintroll

Likewise in Cheshire and Wrexham, papers down here in general give more space to Non league football than they give to the SPFL.