The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

38 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

It's very much about Celtic, though.

The real problem is the Scottish glory hunters and EPL fanboys who know nothing about Scottish football but put it down relentlessly.

Yes, a bit Celticcentric perhaps, but it does challenge some of the rubbish about tumbling gates and it makes the point about Cups being shared around.

On 26/01/2017 at 17:51, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Almost every ex player or manager when asked, whether they're a *** or not, has said Rangers need investment.  And I bet not one of these quote and soundbites has been questioned or challenged.  The BBC and the rags are effectively an arm of Rangers FC these days.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Almost every ex player or manager when asked, whether they're a *** or not, has said Rangers need investment.  And I bet not one of these quote and soundbites has been questioned or challenged.  The BBC and the rags are effectively an arm of Rangers FC these days.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but the link was about Chelsea's interest in Craig Gordon.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This one was an interview of the "sigh, tomorrow's chip paper" variety, until he threw in the little gem at the end there about Scottish football "needing a strong Rangers to survive."

Not flourish, not improve, but survive.

f**k off MoJo, eh? I loved you as a player for Falkirk and Scotland, but that stuff is mindless, meaningless pish.

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This one was an interview of the "sigh, tomorrow's chip paper" variety, until he threw in the little gem at the end there about Scottish football "needing a strong Rangers to survive."

f**k off MoJo, eh? I loved you as a player for Falkirk and Scotland, but that stuff is mindless, meaningless pish.

In fairness, has the guy in question ever, ever come across as anything other than thick as f**k?

Have you seen the MoJo interview video on the STV Twitter? On my phone at the moment so don't know how to do the link, but go and find it. He comes across as an alky, jakey moron who literally is too hungover to conduct a professional interview. He goes away to spew twice.

16 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Have you seen the MoJo interview video on the STV Twitter? On my phone at the moment so don't know how to do the link, but go and find it. He comes across as an alky, jakey moron who literally is too hungover to conduct a professional interview. He goes away to spew twice.

I didn't realise he left to spew twice but did notice he started the interview by saying "go easy lads, long night last night". Embarrassment. 

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I didn't realise he left to spew twice but did notice he started the interview by saying "go easy lads, long night last night". Embarrassment. 

Really? I thought people were taking the piss with the spewing comments.

He left the interview twice, very suddenly. Looked like he was away spewing. Barely answered the questions either.
"Do you think Caixinha will have difficulties with the Rangers squad, perhaps needing investment?"
"Aye he needs more money"
"What about other problems?"
"Aye......... well you said it he needs mair cash"

Or words to that effect.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Tbf we all know if Rangers went bust it'd result in armageddon, 5 clubs going bust within weeks, social unrest, nuclear winter, slow lingering death and a descent to League of Ireland levels.

Oh...

10 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Isn't it funny how these old striking rivals now look awful thanks to their love of the bevvy?

I'd guess some retired strikers look for ways to compensate for the highs that come from scoring a goal.  Nothing much left in their lives after football so they take to the booze to fill the void.  

NB my statistically valid sample comes from those two, Greaves and Best so it must be a FACT.

He might just have been out for a night out and felt rough?

Anyway, the gap at the top of the league is 25 points, not 33. That's the gap between 1st and third. Nobody cares about this gap apart from sevconians.

25 is still shite but i don't think that it supports his wearapeepul point.