The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

42 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

" Anyone calling Rangers fans 'glory hunters' must have an interesting take on the last 5 years." 

My fave one. 

Saw that one. "Instead of supporting my local team I supported one of the most successful clubs in Scotland ever but because they haven't been so good for the last few years I can't be accused of glory hunting." Okay then pal.

Saints have to do more to attract kids along... what the f**k did Oldco do to attract you along you roaster... oh that's right win loads of trophies.

p***k.

What with advertisements on local transport, social media presence, a local business as a sponsor they're doing a lot, I wish they'd put some advertisements for matches in the city centre, or on local radio however.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

What with advertisements on local transport, social media presence, a local business as a sponsor they're doing a lot, I wish they'd put some advertisements for matches in the city centre, or on local radio however.

It's the fact he claimed they were doing hee haw without a shred of evidence. Typical bad, lazy, arrogant Scottish sports journalism.

56 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

" Anyone calling Rangers fans 'glory hunters' must have an interesting take on the last 5 years." 

My fave one. 

So Debbie McGhee what attracted you to millionaire Paul Daniels...

Ergo, so attention seeking glory hunting troglodyte what attracted you to "most successful team"  in the world with their squillions and squillions of trophies??

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Saw that one. "Instead of supporting my local team I supported one of the most successful clubs in Scotland ever but because they haven't been so good for the last few years I can't be accused of glory hunting." Okay then pal.

Seriously? I need to get on twitter.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Seriously? I need to get on twitter.

That's not what he has said verbatim but it basically translates as that. It's an utterly pathetic attempt to justify his blatant glory hunting / slagging off his home town team who he never supported because they didn't win enough games for his liking.

Now I haven't seen the incident but Barry Ferguson backs the referee re the late penalty call in yesterdays match.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-were-fired-up-battle-10012668

"Madden has made an honest decision and when the game was finished I made a point of going back and watching the incident at least five times. Hill did get the ball when Griffiths is coming down and his first point of contact is possibly on the player but he gets a touch on the ball and the referee has made his decision based on that."

Sorry Baz but if he get's the player first that's a foul.

12 hours ago, RiG said:

People who support the arse cheeks over their local club are usually losers who are desperate for any sort of success in their sad lives.

However I wouldn't class them as glory hunters as this implies that the arse cheeks are glorious clubs when in fact they are scum who have polluted our game ever since it began.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Now I haven't seen the incident but Barry Ferguson backs the referee re the late penalty call in yesterdays match.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-were-fired-up-battle-10012668

"Madden has made an honest decision and when the game was finished I made a point of going back and watching the incident at least five times. Hill did get the ball when Griffiths is coming down and his first point of contact is possibly on the player but he gets a touch on the ball and the referee has made his decision based on that."

I like how he adds possibly to his argument.  There was nothing possible about it.  If you go through someone, making blatant contact, like that from behind before nicking the ball away, it's a foul.

That's not what he has said verbatim but it basically translates as that. It's an utterly pathetic attempt to justify his blatant glory hunting / slagging off his home town team who he never supported because they didn't win enough games for his liking.

Is it just me or has he deleted all his tweets on this subject from last night?!

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Baz in speaking pish shocker

11 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/12/english-can-stop-sneering-at-scottish-football-now?CMP=share_btn_tw

I can't decide whether I agree or disagree with this. I also can't decide whether it's good or bad journalism.

It's a decent piece that attacks the right people for the right reasons.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a decent piece that attacks the right people for the right reasons.

It's very much about Celtic, though.

The real problem is the Scottish glory hunters and EPL fanboys who know nothing about Scottish football but put it down relentlessly.