The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Gotta love big super Ally.

He takes an absolute fortune out of Rangers even once sacked. Then has the cheek to suggest someone should lose their fortune investing in that absolute clusterfuck of a club so that their bigot fans can lord it over Celtic again.

Why doesn't super duper Ally go round phoning all his EBT mates and tell them to donate the cash back to the club to help them out?

I'm sure all those legends the fans love to w**k over will be only too happy to help.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Super Ally demands investment - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-says-rangers-no-9992700

“Honest to God, I don’t think it’s rocket science. Until there is investment, I think we will be having this conversation next year and the year after. It’s a fact the club needs financial investment"

“I just detect the patience of the Rangers fans – and the majority are fantastic – is wearing thin. There wouldn’t be a club if it wasn’t for the way the supporters rallied in the first couple of years after administration and then liquidation."

"There were special circumstances for the club going into administration and liquidation. There was the crash. I know for a fact the debt at Rangers Football Club at that particular time was 100 per cent manageable. There were alternate motives or reasons for the club going into administration and liquidation. As you know the vast majority of clubs run at a debt. Rangers’ was manageable then.

There's layers of hilarity there.

Warchest: 'It’s a fact the club needs financial investment.'

You let your club die: 'There wouldn’t be a club if it wasn’t for the way the supporters rallied in the first couple of years after administration and then liquidation.'

It's a conspiracy: 'I know for a fact the debt at Rangers Football Club at that particular time was 100 per cent manageable. There were alternate motives or reasons for the club going into administration and liquidation.'

They also are clearly further forward than after he left given they are in the top division. What an oaf.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Amazing the amount of folk jumping on Durham and Cundys stuff and saying it's spot on etc on social media. Mainly English but unsurprisingly enough the only Scottish people agreeing are once again, yup, you guessed it, Sevco fans.

I cannot fathom why these people hate everything Scottish so much and want to put it down. It's like they want acceptance from their British pals south of the border. Fucking cretins, nothing like a bit of jock bashing eh.

It's because they're upset about everyone witnessing humiliation after humiliation after they enjoyed several years of lording it over the rest of us and mostly by cheating.

The structure of the country added to their political ideology (if you can call it that) makes this kind of response inevitable.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Amazing the amount of folk jumping on Durham and Cundys stuff and saying it's spot on etc on social media. Mainly English but unsurprisingly enough the only Scottish people agreeing are once again, yup, you guessed it, Sevco fans.

I cannot fathom why these people hate everything Scottish so much and want to put it down. It's like they want acceptance from their British pals south of the border. Fucking cretins, nothing like a bit of jock bashing eh.

I am quite sure in Private that Adrian Durham has his "real" views on Scottish Football, perhaps they are the same as the bile he spits on his show but as I said in an earlier post 99% of the time he is reading from an agreed script to try and get as much bites, reaction and anger as possible in order to get publicity for him, his show and most importantly Talksport. You wont get much more proof that it is scripted, pre planned or talked about more than the rant he went on last night, there is no way he was able to ramble through that spiel in the time he did without reading off of something or getting a cue because it just didn't roll off the tongue as naturally as it should. They need to slate Scottish Football because it gives them something to laugh at when their clubs are failing, same as when it comes to International Football, it is just broadcasting to meet and satisy the lowest common denominator of human, anyone with half a brain would not call up and go on these stations, that is why they make you speak to researchers before you get on as they only want idiots on, people with any sense are not allowed!

Bashing Scottish Football is an lazy and easy trap to fall into but lets be fair, we get our nickers in a twist if the English Media do it but we are not exactly innocent ourselves either, I mean we all do it? If its not about conspiracies against us all by a corrupt Rangers supporting FA its about something else and that is a true fact!

Talksport is to radio what the most downmarket tabloid is to newspapers. It used to be alright, but over the past few years it's plummeted into the depths of clickbait radio. Desperately trying to be edgy and draw in plenty of calls to cover the fact that nobody is really interested in it anymore.

Pretty embarrassing how raging it's got everyone. It's an irrelevance up here, and designed for armchair English Premier League fans.

Who the hell is Adrian Durham?
I really don't care what people 'down south' think about Scottish football, I certainly don't have a rose-tinted view of the game but that's the least of my concerns.

I don't particularly care either. As a Scot though I find the bashing of all things Scottish very frustrating and annoying at times, has a negative affect I think.

Partly the reason why so many up here just think everything we have is shite.

Lots of people will just rubbish it like you and me but others will look at it and believe the shite they're spouting.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't particularly care either. As a Scot though I find the bashing of all things Scottish very frustrating and annoying at times, has a negative affect I think.

Lots of people will just rubbish it like you and me but others will look at it and believe the shite they're spouting.

When English clubs regularly get their arses handed to them by clubs from Spain and Germany in European competition or the complete and utter failure of their national team in any competition it helps to raise the fragile self-esteem of some of the punters who listen and phone in to Talk Sport when they can pick on a weaker league from a smaller country like Scotland. Bullies react like this as well.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Talksport is to radio what the most downmarket tabloid is to newspapers. It used to be alright, but over the past few years it's plummeted into the depths of clickbait radio. Desperately trying to be edgy and draw in plenty of calls to cover the fact that nobody is really interested in it anymore.

Pretty embarrassing how raging it's got everyone. It's an irrelevance up here, and designed for armchair London area, white van driving English Premier League fans thickos.

That's more like it.

I can't believe anybody gives any sort of credence to what Durham comes out with. More fool them.

I genuinely do not believe he is trying to get bites. Of course he is with some things, but you see this 'pub league' chat all the fucking time from people down south.

It's genuine, exaggerated no doubt but a genuine opinion.

True.  Even at shitty levels of English football.  I have a pretty good idea of where Motherwell are in the great scheme of things, so when you see fans of clubs like Yeovil giving it the 'Scottish football - pub league' chat it's both funny and depressing. 

True.  Even at shitty levels of English football.  I have a pretty good idea of where Motherwell are in the great scheme of things, so when you see fans of clubs like Yeovil giving it the 'Scottish football - pub league' chat it's both funny and depressing.   

Plymouth fans forum... McHugh. Mind that? Oooft. A team with fans that think Graham Carey is destined for the EPL and has a good few ex Scottish league no marks doing incredibly well for them.

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Super Ally demands investment - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-says-rangers-no-9992700

“Honest to God, I don’t think it’s rocket science. Until there is investment, I think we will be having this conversation next year and the year after. It’s a fact the club needs financial investment"

“I just detect the patience of the Rangers fans – and the majority are fantastic – is wearing thin. There wouldn’t be a club if it wasn’t for the way the supporters rallied in the first couple of years after administration and then liquidation."

"There were special circumstances for the club going into administration and liquidation. There was the crash. I know for a fact the debt at Rangers Football Club at that particular time was 100 per cent manageable. There were alternate motives or reasons for the club going into administration and liquidation. As you know the vast majority of clubs run at a debt. Rangers’ was manageable then.

Wonderful stuff from McCoist.

The surface debt might indeed have been manageable, but the scale of the big lurking one was such that the bloke who ran it up couldn't wait to get rid.  That he did so to one so dastardly is beautifully poetic, such was the morality of how Rangers had been paying their wealthy employees.

He's right about Rangers needing an 'investment' of tens of millions to challenge Celtic though.  Mind you, that's also true of Stenhousemuir, so all he reveals is a stunning sense of ignorant entitlement.  

He sounds like a fool.

I totally get what you mean but I just don't need that validation. 

The only control we have over what people think about Scottish football is to improve the game itself and the promotion of it.

If some glorified white van man Brexit p***k starts criticising Scottish football just remember how thick they are.

McCoist says the club went in to liquidatiion?! How could you Ally mentioin the dreaded truth!

Lloyds Bank knew only too well the real operating debt at Ibrox which is why they turned rhe screw. Of course that was proof it was all the Banks fault and no the Rainjurz.

Usual fantasy shite the media report without question.

I see his only solution to management is the same old RRM names of nigh on 20 years back. The past is all they have.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It would help if your club didn't consciously strategise in that manner.