The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 18/02/2023 at 13:49, The Master said:

Despite the imagery the worst thing about this is the lazy hack definitely just googled inspirational quotes and built a shit article around it.

I see he was on the Graeme Speirs podcast this week. Anyone want to admit to paying actual money to listen to these two arseholes?

Fans using 'private areas' and child 'mules' to get pyro into games

“People also go to extraordinary lengths to get pyrotechnics in to matches. They have hidden them inside baguettes. They often put them inside the hood of a child’s jacket because they know not many grounds search children. They use kids as mules to get these things in.

“If you put them down the front of your trousers nobody is going to search you there for obvious reasons. If people are determined to get them in then they can do it. I think people have to be educated about the risks of pyrotechnics. If they still insist on using them then, sorry, but they have to feel the full force of the law.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23366562.fans-using-private-areas-child-mules-get-pyro-games/

Has anyone from Pie and Bovril hidden a pyro in a baguette? Has anyone forgotten they had a pyro in a baguette and ended up having an unfortunate post-lunch trip to A&E?

17 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Shades of STV's Bryce Curdy famously shoving a lightbulb up his arse.

Fucking hell...I'd forgotten about that one...although as I was told it, he'd put the head of his hoover up there 😏

Lost in translation and all that...

This is the No.1 story on the Daily Record website today. Not the property section. Not the sports section. The whole site.

For them, the most important breaking news story in Scotland, nay, the world today is 

“Man Sells House!!!” 

36D4AEF7-B265-45A7-B9A4-24A3E1EC5137.png

Edited by Junior_Arab

Isn't that ranked based on who reads it, which is more a reflection of the audience? I believe that a certain friend and colleague of mine and "TV funnyman" had a story written about his house being up for sale which did similarly weird numbers in the Edinburgh Evening News.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Absolutely nothing calling out the bigots trying to ruin Ron's tribute.  

To be fair, it's the main angle the Scotsman is going with.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-fans-lacked-class-their-team-showed-in-4-1-win-over-hibs-as-easter-road-pays-tribute-to-ron-gordon-4056591