The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 08/10/2022 at 23:34, Cptn Hooch said:

From BBC's (i know) Livi - County match report:

Who?

On 09/10/2022 at 14:55, Moomintroll said:

Clearly watching a The Big Bang Theory spin off when he was supposed to be working.

Could've doubled down on his feck up and called him Sheldon Jacobs, at least he used to be a Livi player.1_JS178352206.jpg

Pictured (left to right,. back row) are triplets Sheldon, Kyle and Devon. Older brother Keaghan is in front

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

image.thumb.jpeg.84f26639dabe8957ad3982ac8789b29e.jpeg

It was obviously all too much for English's brain to handle.

I particularly liked this bit.

"The reality of life in the Champions League has been hard on Rangers, existing as they are in the group of certain death for a club of their lightweight financial muscle."

Aww, bless.

7 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Maybe by Rangers' growl he just means Kevin Thomson's new voice.

Sounded like he’d also taken lessons from Alex Ferguson on articulation. f**k knows how anyone outside Scotland could understand him, I struggled with half of it. 

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I particularly liked this bit.

"The reality of life in the Champions League has been hard on Rangers, existing as they are in the group of certain death for a club of their lightweight financial muscle."

Aww, bless.

Budgets only count in Europe. I blame Brexit

Tom English's prose style really is garbled:

"The reality of life in the Champions League has been hard on Rangers, existing as they are in the group of certain death for a club of their lightweight financial muscle. Underdogs can occasionally roar, though. The problem is that the big dogs roar louder, more often than not."

Dogs don't roar, though.  They bark or howl.  Big cats roar.  Maybe head back to primary school and learn about the animal kingdom, Tom?

18 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Tom English's prose style really is garbled:

"The reality of life in the Champions League has been hard on Rangers, existing as they are in the group of certain death for a club of their lightweight financial muscle. Underdogs can occasionally roar, though. The problem is that the big dogs roar louder, more often than not."

Dogs don't roar, though.  They bark or howl.  Big cats roar.  Maybe head back to primary school and learn about the animal kingdom, Tom?

If he was so determined to use roar he should’ve said undercats.