The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, this is a summary of pretty much every response you've made on this board to anyone taking the piss out of Porteous.

I know that probably sounded sensible in your head but it doesn't really make a great deal of sense.

No great surprise........

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Take the piss out of someone on twitter = Good

Others take the piss out of you on twitter = Bad

Cry Baby Football GIF by Parship

All the Hibs fans keep doing is proving the point. You couldn't help it. 

No one is taking the piss. They're pointing out things about his behavior, character or general arrogant attitude that he has (which I know for a fact isn't wrong). Criticism isn't taking the piss.

Last time I posted a very valid and fair point about him and within 30 seconds I had 4-5 replies from Hibs fans having a meltdown. Which means there's people out there searching his name on Twitter so they can reply to people defending him and you're telling me that's not fucking weird?

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

All the Hibs fans keep doing is proving the point. You couldn't help it. 

No one is taking the piss. They're pointing out things about his behavior, character or general arrogant attitude that he has (which I know for a fact isn't wrong). Criticism isn't taking the piss.

Last time I posted a very valid and fair point about him and within 30 seconds I had 4-5 replies from Hibs fans having a meltdown. Which means there's people out there searching his name on Twitter so they can reply to people defending him and you're telling me that's not fucking weird?

It is.

But, so is you wasting time posting stuff about a Hibs player.

Your rage is absolutely delicious.

Angry Toss GIF by South Park

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It is.

But, so is you wasting time posting stuff about a Hibs player.

Your rage is absolutely delicious.

Angry Toss GIF by South Park

What would be the difference between commenting on a player on Twitter as opposed to on here, for example.

It's hardly weird that people make comments regarding high-profile, controversial and opinion splitting players.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

What would be the difference between commenting on a player on Twitter as opposed to on here, for example.

It's hardly weird that people make comments regarding high-profile, controversial and opinion splitting players.

You cant see the difference between here and Twitter?

OK, an example.   I said on another thread that guys like Morelos and Porteous are correctly called p***ks when they do wrong - As for RP, I can see his faults, but I can also see his plus points (as, obviously can Steve Clarke). He is statistically one of the SPFL best defenders, even though he had a slow start to the season.

While there are one or two wallopers incapable of being objective, especially about opposition players, I think that most on P&B are fine and you can have a sensible debate.

Twitter, by contrast, is full of complete bampots - basically shitebags who put out utter garbage about players, dont want to have a debate, and lose their shit when someone calls them on it (and I include loads of Hibs twitter there, plenty of arseholes).

Anyway, enough of this pish, I have invoices to do.

13 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not sure what else you want the BBC to report?  

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Bloody hell, that's not even remotely copied and pasted.

it was the only article that i could see that had any hint of being copied and pasted. Even then it is a good report in the end 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

He is statistically one of the SPFL best defenders, even though he had a slow start to the season

What stats incidentally? I know of an SPFL team who have only conceded two goals thus far. Another team in the same league has only conceded 4.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm sure there's an amateur team somewhere in England that haven't conceded any goals, it doesn't make their centre-backs better than Virgil van Dijk.

Plymouth centre half yesterday was sensationally like him yesterday. 

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I know how the rights work but still no reason I can't be raging that a vital match is on fucking Setanta whilst the national broadcaster shows an England u21 friendly.

The BBC showed the Scotland U-21 game yesterday. 

BBC Breakfast this morning. Apparently the Nations League was merely “preparation for the World Cup” for England, and a “better route to qualifying for the Euros” for Scotland  

Presumably they’ll still gloss over the promotion/relegation aspects should England top their next group, and continue to frame such an achievement as securing a “better route to qualifying for the Euros”. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

BBC Breakfast this morning. Apparently the Nations League was merely “preparation for the World Cup” for England, and a “better route to qualifying for the Euros” for Scotland  

Presumably they’ll still gloss over the promotion/relegation aspects should England top their next group, and continue to frame such an achievement as securing a “better route to qualifying for the Euros”. 

This may be slightly chip on the shoulder from me but the report I saw the guy mentioned us being above England but said something like ‘this result should in theory mean Scotland have an easier route to the euros, but as last night shows, Scotland never do anything easily’. 

Couldn’t decide if it was fair comment or a slightly bitter dig or both. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

This may be slightly chip on the shoulder from me but the report I saw the guy mentioned us being above England but said something like ‘this result should in theory mean Scotland have an easier route to the euros, but as last night shows, Scotland never do anything easily’. 

Couldn’t decide if it was fair comment or a slightly bitter dig or both. 

Clearly fair comment considering our national team's history.