The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why are the **** constantly raging about Michael Stewart? 

He's a Nationalist therefor the enemy and anti UK/Establishment.  He's managed to really get into their heads. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

36 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It wasn't the worst call to make and you did sell Aribo and Bassey this summer which was a massive gamble UCL terms.  Also I don't recall much big money bids for any of your players apart from Patterson.  All this and it was a year ago.  What's the purpose of bringing it up?

Again, I'm not debating the merits of why we actually never won the league, nor am I really debating the merits of Stewart's initial tweet. I'm challenging the claim on here that selling Nathan Patterson was the reason we never won the league. I never brought it up.

Edited by AJF

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Again, I'm not debating the merits of why we actually never won the league, nor am I really debating the merits of Stewart's initial tweet. I'm challenging the claim on here that selling Nathan Patterson was the reason we never won the league. I never brought it up.

Would agree with the Patterson part.   

No idea why its been brought up though.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why are the **** constantly raging about Michael Stewart? 

Because he isnt an Old Firm sycophant nor has he ever played for them like nearly every other pundit. 

Most of their fans live in a world where its 'us' or 'them'. He has taken up the mantle of 'them' because he dares to criticise the club/fans in a way that very few pundits have ever done.

Add in that he is very openly a supporter of independence and it just adds to his enemy status.

I like him.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure why that would have been more correct? It would have been equally correct, they did play in the third division.

3rd division is now a defunct term, it leads to ambiguity at how far down the pyramid they dropped unless you know about restructuring. 4th their removed that.

8 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

3rd division is now a defunct term, it leads to ambiguity at how far down the pyramid they dropped unless you know about restructuring. 4th their removed that.

What term do you think they should use when talking about Celtic's European Cup win or Rangers reaching the UEFA Cup final in 2008?

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

What term do you think they should use when talking about Celtic's European Cup win or Rangers reaching the UEFA Cup final in 2008?

There's no ambiguity there though. 3rd division could mean 3rd tier or division three below a top division. At least they weren't placed in League Two...

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There's no ambiguity there though. 3rd division could mean 3rd tier or division three below a top division. At least they weren't placed in League Two...

But there has to surely be a basic level of understanding assumed by the reader rather than having to dumb it down constantly. For example a non-football person might not know what the Championship is, but they wouldn't always call that the second tier.

On 25/08/2022 at 10:12, bennett said:

Fa9ufVGXEAAfxso?format=jpg&name=900x900

It obviously was a massive blow. You couldn't buy players of similar quality to Aribo etc during the summer as you didn't have the guaranteed money. Now you might be able to pick someone up but at a greatly inflated rate.

Celtic could budget for the Champions League cash because it was guaranteed.

Not sure where to post this but in the aftermath of Kieran Tierney snubbing a proposed £50m move to Real Madrid I saw this today.  Generally football gossip columns tend to have more than a grain of truth and this is not the first mention of Matt O'Reilly in the last few months.  I see he's represented by CAA Base Ltd whose clientele is vast and peppered with good EPL players (Son, Maddison, Varane, Richarlison,....) and several managers including Ange Postecoglu.

Is there any way to apply logic to this rumour.  Does he want out of Scottish football, do the club want rid of him or is just another facet of the worldwide money laundering / tax evasion machine that underpins professional football.

matto3.jpg

matto1.jpg

matto2.jpg