The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Rangers Women beat Ferencvaros on Thursday in our UWCL opener.  The first goal was a penalty to Rangers sweetly struck by Jenny Danielsson after Kayla McCoy was wrestled to the ground by a Magyar defender.

How did the BBC report this?  Well, I'm sure everyone picked up on the match report and are as outraged as I am:  "In Greece, Danielsson won and converted a penalty for Rangers' opener".

Amateur hour.  Again.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Rangers Women beat Ferencvaros on Thursday in our UWCL opener.  The first goal was a penalty to Rangers sweetly struck by Jenny Danielsson after Kayla McCoy was wrestled to the ground by a Magyar defender.

How did the BBC report this?  Well, I'm sure everyone picked up on the match report and are as outraged as I am:  "In Greece, Danielsson won and converted a penalty for Rangers' opener".

Amateur hour.  Again.

The great anti-Rangers agenda doesnt care about gender.

14 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The great anti-Rangers agenda doesnt care about gender.

You're confusing me with another poster, mate.

Edit:  I saw you made a 'stealing our club' post earlier.  For those of us who are not au fait with what's going on with Thistle could you give a short summary?  Obviously I saw the 'the three black cats' announcement and the PTFC Trust's response but I would really appreciate some context.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I have just heard that Andy Walker, apparently, said on Sky that Morelos shouldn't have got a red.

He really is fucking hopeless

It took the same replay being shown 3 times before he even noticed the arm. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62530188

Match report (4 sentences) of Morton vs Dundee. This is the last sentence:

Morton, though, almost snatched the points late on when Aaron Muirhead's flicked effort rebounded off a post.

Aaron Muirhead, who plays for Partick Thistle. Fair play to him for sneaking onto the pitch as a Morton player.

Edited by eez-eh

22 hours ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62530188

Match report (4 sentences) of Morton vs Dundee. This is the last sentence:

Morton, though, almost snatched the points late on when Aaron Muirhead's flicked effort rebounded off a post.

Aaron Muirhead, who plays for Partick Thistle. Fair play to him for sneaking onto the pitch as a Morton player.

You could almost forgive the confusion if the header in question had been from Robbie Muirhead, getting the surname right with someone in autopilot cobbling together a report quickly getting the first name wrong.

However, it was Jack Baird.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

You could almost forgive the confusion if the header in question had been from Robbie Muirhead, getting the surname right with someone in autopilot cobbling together a report quickly getting the first name wrong.

However, it was Jack Baird.

They’ve updated it to Robbie now.

Bless them.