The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

People showing sympathy with Bill Leckie because people are making fun of him are forgetting something: he’s a p***k and he deserves it.

He is a p***k, but there's plenty to rightly castigate him for without having a go at him for stuff you'd ignore if it was someone who wasn't a p***k. Doing so says more about you than him.

20 hours ago, G51 said:

You asked for it:

Bg9ieR8.png
68IhfVj.png

And of course, who could forget the complementary lifestyle article:

5QPpgOL.png
dBWPYkZ.png

A (then) 44 year old man interested in women between 25-45.

Had a wee chuckle at this and gave it Greenie...

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I understand that it's just the nature of how things are, but I don't like the ridicule of Leckie for trying a bit of online dating. He put himself out there to try and brighten his life up a bit. Good luck to him.

The ref article is very poor though and just shows a journalist hopelessly behind the times flailing to be employable today.

I then read this and felt bad. Reflected on who I am.. I must learn, grow and do better.  I gave it a greenie.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

People showing sympathy with Bill Leckie because people are making fun of him are forgetting something: he’s a p***k and he deserves it.

He loves giving out about others, so he’s perfectly fair game.

I no longer feel bad. I gave this a greenie. 

What a rollercoaster. I'm fucking nackered. 

53 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

He is a p***k, but there's plenty to rightly castigate him for without having a go at him for stuff you'd ignore if it was someone who wasn't a p***k. Doing so says more about you than him.

I found the hopeless cry for someone to end his Hellish loneliness very funny.

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Yes, he found it.

In the mirror.

He found it in a hopeless place. 
is it just me or did @G51 ‘s Twitter link not work for anyone else ? It just took me to the Twitter homepage. 

22 hours ago, G51 said:

You asked for it:

Bg9ieR8.png
68IhfVj.png

And of course, who could forget the complementary lifestyle article:

5QPpgOL.png
dBWPYkZ.png

A (then) 44 year old man interested in women between 25-45.

Trying to take the piss out of him for his personal life by searching that out and putting it on here comes across as pretty sad.

13 minutes ago, CoF said:

Isn't he still at the sun?

For The Record, I think you're right, although I'm unaware if he is still The Independent, single man he was or if he has found his own wee Daily Star.

Was actually trying to find a suitable dating site name to use for a pun, but other than Match.com for a football reporter, which isn't really funny, there wasn't much there. I did however discover that there is, I shit you not, a herpesfish.com where you can hook up with one of over 650,000 fellow sufferers. Just incase it's of any use to anyone on here.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Trying to take the piss out of him for his personal life by searching that out and putting it on here comes across as pretty sad.

It took me two seconds to google, it’s been around for years