The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

But right at the death Nicky Devlin curled in a corker of a cross and Obileye drifted in and hammered his header in to the net.

David Martindale reveals what sparked Lee Johnson ding dong as Livi boss in Martin Boyle 'dive' caveat - Daily Record

Do these reporters even watch the games they report, or is it even worse they just don't know who they're watching and make mistakes over their names. Devlin was injured for the foul that got us that free kick, it was Kelly taking it.

Noticed the sportscene show with David Curry went to our match and described Nouble's goal, as Nouble ghosting past 3 Livi defenders before putting it past Marshall, understandable our defenders didn't try to stop Joel tbh.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 10/08/2022 at 14:45, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

IMG_20220810_135035.thumb.jpg.472f386f814d7a6c59d8d12137d00eb7.jpg

I'm surprised this obituary doesn't also mention when John Hughes directed The Breakfast Club.

That's stunning.

That is a genuine outright winner on this thread.  Terrible, terrible journalism in its truest sense.

What publication did it appear in?

I'm surprised this obituary doesn't also mention when John Hughes directed The Breakfast Club.

In fairness, it respectfully left out any mention of the time when he interrupted a Mo Johnston interview with his knob out.

On Saturday Sportsound a week past Saturday Tom English made an emphatic point about the financial advantage to the Old Firm when invited to fawn over them.

And when Kenny Macintyre (new regular Saturday presenter whose voice sounds like he belongs on a breathless Radio Clyde Old Firm discussion programme.) suggested it was surely likely that Malky Mackay would be looking to move to a 'big club' after his 'success' at Dross County, Tom went off on one: 'are you trying to get rid of their manager just because you see them as a small club?'

Aye, Malky Mackay, but that's not the point I'm making.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's absolutely dreadful. If he doesn't know anything about him he should at least do a bit of elementary research.

I'm sure they did, but maybe if they'd  looked at the pictures...

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

its 2022 so who cares the sexuality of the the ref and Bill Leckie managed to get the word handbags into the article - what a strange article.

The insinuation here is disturbing.

On 15/08/2022 at 01:22, Archie McSquackle said:

That's absolutely dreadful. If he doesn't know anything about him he should at least do a bit of elementary research.

I did some and discovered that that the writer isn't a he at all. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

its 2022 so who cares the sexuality of the the ref and Bill Leckie managed to get the word handbags into the article - what a strange article.

Tweet now deleted but still on the website.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9305019/porteous-ref-napier-impresses-leckie/

It’s an absolute train wreck of an “article”.