The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

No Celtic or Norwich fans arrested yesterday….

As far as I’m aware it was only Spurs fans. 

1C5AA96B-DEC0-4EAC-8946-F217E23BAC2C.jpeg

Edit: This probably explains why Tam Cowan needs to constantly mention Celtic & RFC together 

EE116A77-42B9-4522-AEDA-F850F56E71DE.jpeg

A69B7493-2E15-4C9F-85CC-8B3088844498.jpeg

Edited by Clown Job

I noticed that Police Scotland allowed the Metropolitan Police get involved. Personally I think Rangers fans could start a fight in an empty room, but the minute the incompetent, poorly trained and institutionally racist Met Police get involved, then trouble will always happen. They are a catalyst.

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

No Celtic or Norwich fans arrested yesterday….

As far as I’m aware it was only Spurs fans. 

1C5AA96B-DEC0-4EAC-8946-F217E23BAC2C.jpeg

Edit: This probably explains why Tam Cowan needs to constantly mention Celtic & RFC together 

EE116A77-42B9-4522-AEDA-F850F56E71DE.jpeg

A69B7493-2E15-4C9F-85CC-8B3088844498.jpeg

Tweet has been deleted 

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

image.thumb.png.2805de92896e33a2357d9dc2faf92b11.png

Perhaps it's so obvious St Johnstone and Hibs will be the bottom two that it's not worth including the option of listing teams 11 and 12?

Finally listened to people sick of hearing about the same 2 clubs that they've gone to the other extreme. I like it.

14 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

You know it's nearly time for the new league season when someone from the BBC files this sort of self-hating drivel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61969416

Saying that unless something drastic and totally unrealistic happens then no club other than Celtic or Rangers will become champions of Scotland is neither drivel or self-hating.  Thems the facts.....

18 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Saying that unless something drastic and totally unrealistic happens then no club other than Celtic or Rangers will become champions of Scotland is neither drivel or self-hating.  Thems the facts.....

Totally agree.

For a BBC Scottish Football piece, it's actually quite good.  It's light hearted but at least recognises that the OF's decades long dominance is absurd and is a problem. Furthermore, it recognises that the dominance owes nothing to intrinsic brilliance, but is instead simply about our game's gross financial imbalance.

I'd much prefer a piece like that to one speculating about which of the sister clubs wins this time, as if it matters at all.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totally agree.

For a BBC Scottish Football piece, it's actually quite good.  It's light hearted but at least recognises that the OF's decades long dominance is absurd and is a problem. Furthermore, it recognises that the dominance owes nothing to intrinsic brilliance, but is instead simply about our game's gross financial imbalance.

I'd much prefer a piece like that to one speculating about which of the sister clubs wins this time, as if it matters at all.

Only mad thing in that piece is the suggestion 36 year old Aidan McGeady would be the choice of best left winger from the non-Old Firm teams.

Just now, lennyzer0 said:

Only mad thing in that piece is the suggestion 36 year old Aidan McGeady would be the choice of best left winger from the non-Old Firm teams.

Yes, I don't think the composition of the non-OF team is worth dwelling on.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totally agree.

I quite like the subtle wee dig about letting R+C through to the play off semis directly would "avoid a lot of statements and whinging".

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I quite like the subtle wee dig about letting R+C through to the play off semis directly would "avoid a lot of statements and whinging".

Yes, it doesn't feel like it was composed by an apologist.

8 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Got to be careful with McGeady though, if he found out he wasnt included he might do another sit down with the BBC about how the only reason people dont like him is because he is Catholic. Or whatever other pish he has been brainwashed into believing.

17 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totally agree.

Thing is.  This is not a Scottish only issue.  It's a European wide football issue.  But somehow, if you listened to those who should be promoting our game it is only here that has the dominance by 2 teams (some leagues have 1 true title challenger).

Edited by Antiochas III

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Thing is.  This is not a Scottish only issue.  It's a European wide football issue.  But somehow, if you listened to those who should be promoting our game it is only here that has the dominance by 2 teams (some leagues have 1 true title challenger).

Okay, so some other nations have a dominant team or teams. But, which other nation has seen only two teams (3 if you include 2020/21) win the past 37 consecutive top league titles between them? More importantly, which other nation's monopoly or duopoly was built on the financial benefits of pseudo-religious and Irish political bollox that should have no place in football?

28 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

This is completely wrong. There isn't a league in Europe as uncompetitive. 

Some might be going that way over the last 10 years, i.e. Austria and France and Germany, but it's not on the scale or longevity of what we have going on here. 

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Got to be careful with McGeady though, if he found out he wasnt included he might do another sit down with the BBC about how the only reason people dont like him is because he is Catholic. Or whatever other pish he has been brainwashed into believing.

Careful, you're risking the attentions of the P&B House UnIrish Activities Committee with that kind of comment.