The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

3 hours ago, Ric said:

This is the Daily Express, so I'll not post the link, however they have an interview with Graeme Souness..

gj82MHU.png

To me, he's playing the victim card before a ball is even kicked.

I don't think I've met anyone that has "hated" Rangers getting to the final, or are desperate for them to lose. In fact the two Celtic fans in the tenement I live in both say "good luck to them, they've earned it". Will there be a few diehards? Sure, but is it the over ridding sentiment that Souness is suggesting? No, not at all. In fact, the only thing that is universal is the wish for their fans not to shit the bed and embarrass the country like they did in Manchester. Something that has been echoed by Rangers themselves, albeit in more diplomatic language.

I’ll be honest, sourness has me spot on. 

It makes me quite Ill to see them in this final and I hope they get absolutely slaughtered. 

Souness reminds me of a smug uncle who has lived in England for most of his life and still thinks he knows whats good for Scotland because he reads about it in the Daily Mail.

He probably thinks Everton fans should be rooting for Liverpool against Real Madrid.

Fucking tool.

Surprised at the fuss about the Souness thing. It's fairly obvious most people want Rangers to lose. They're a horrible football club supported - generally - by deranged bigots. Who the f**k would want them to win?

That said, I've been surprised at my own general lack of giving a f**k. The whole run has more or less passed me by. Might watch the final, might not.

49 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They care a lot about people not liking them. 

It's real paranoid OF shite. Very few actually care.

I mind my brother telling me he was working in the West Coast when Aberdeen won the ECWC in '83, and he said more than half the pub didn't want Aberdeen to win. I saw the same when at College when Utd were in that Final in 87. 

Even in a small country, club tribalism usually surmounts any real idea of altruism. 

Hope they get fucked 😉 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

They care a lot about people not liking them. 

For the avoidance of any shred of doubt, everyone thinks they’re absolute, utter scum.

And for very good reason.

I sincerely hope they do their usual & cause mayhem and show themselves in their true light. 

26 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

For the avoidance of any shred of doubt, everyone thinks they’re absolute, utter scum.

I sincerely hope they do their usual & cause mayhem and show themselves in their true light. 

Can't agree with this.  Unfair on everyone else that would be caught up in it.

31 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And you wish ill on the people and city of Seville for what reason, exactly ?

36 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The highlighted bit is completely correct.

Hopefully there is no trouble for the fine city of Sevilla to deal with but no doubt there will be.

7 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

The highlighted bit is completely correct.

Hopefully there is no trouble for the fine city of Sevilla to deal with but no doubt there will be.

Of course there will be bother, especially if Sevco don't win, but between the Eintracht lads and the Guardia Civil, the Ibrox bigots will be put back in their box.