The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

I was using a calculator I bought in Seville a few years ago. Apologies. 😄

Talking about shite journalism, are we ready for the Seville Calculator 2.0?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I think so. We have already visited the satellite burghs of Toomanyteamston and Forthegoodofthegameville, so onwards to the capital! 🤣 

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There was no right decision really was there though. Other leagues in Europe called early as well. Yourselves and the orcs made many strange claims that never really came to fruition really.

How many games were there to go?

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

If I was a Hearts fan I would be questioning how the f**k a team with one of the highest budgets in the league had managed to be bottom in the first place rather pointing the finger at anyone else really. Budge was so bad at running a club I don’t think anyone would really want her opinion as to how Scottish football should be structured.

I think that's where most Hearts fans were.

People are always quick to post one isolated thread from Kickback etc, and you could do that with any club, but I think most Hearts fans were giving the club both barrels. Hearts had been run very poorly for some time. Mind you, we'd have been mid-table if we'd had a goalkeeper.

That doesn't mean you can't also question what was going on in the wider running of the game. What happened at the end of the 19-20 season is murky to say the least.

Still, here we are, third in the league, cup finalists, guaranteed European fitba till Christmas. None of our strategic rivals made anything of our relegation and now we're better than them all.

I suppose you'd say we had the last laugh...

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 hours ago, Ric said:

The calculator will be needed to count the number of riots in Seville involving Rangers and Chelsea fans in the next 5 or 6 days.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The calculator will be needed to count the number of riots in Seville involving Rangers and Chelsea fans in the next 5 or 6 days.

I wonder if the author of this well crafted piece in the Urban Dictionary will be there next week 😆

image.thumb.png.d27e999c3163c33011c4b40be5d42f4a.png

1 hour ago, Austin McCann said:

So **** all you can come up with. Just what i thought.

Or Craig simply couldn't br arsed with the tedium of going back to the points of a court case just to satisfy your weird obsession from two years ago.

Move the f**k on man. You'll be happier for it.

22 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

Still waiting to hear what the ridiculous claims and strange claims were. It's almost like they're made up bullshit.  

The only ridiculous claim is that the team that were bottom when the league ended didnt deserve to be relegated.

Hearts announcer Scott Wilson branding St. Mirren as "snakes" for not only voting against Ann Budge's ridiculous reconstruction proposals, but also because of 3/5/86, led to Saints blogger Cairter's Corner sending this printed on a t-shirt to the manchild.

Screenshot_20220514-232347_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Arch Stanton

Some Hearts fans just don't want to say something about Dundee being paid off by Celtic. I'm sure the amusing conspiracy was that Celtic would loan Dundee a few players and play a 'glamour' friendly at Dens.

Then there are a smaller number of Hearts fans who say exactly that.

Then there are a number of Hearts fans who accept that they deserved to go down.

There wasn't a perfect scenario since it was unprecedented, but it was the most democratic decision given all the clubs voted on it. I think that giving the clubs the choice was the best option.

Edited by DA Baracus

Airdrieonians 1-2 Queen's Park (agg 2-3): Spiders make history to reach Championship - BBC Sport

"the first time Queen's Park have played in Scotland's second tier since the league was re-organised into three divisions in 1975".  Must have imagined them winning the Second Division in 1981 then (and more importantly beating Cowden on the last day to hep Queens get promoted).

This is the Daily Express, so I'll not post the link, however they have an interview with Graeme Souness..

gj82MHU.png

To me, he's playing the victim card before a ball is even kicked.

I don't think I've met anyone that has "hated" Rangers getting to the final, or are desperate for them to lose. In fact the two Celtic fans in the tenement I live in both say "good luck to them, they've earned it". Will there be a few diehards? Sure, but is it the over ridding sentiment that Souness is suggesting? No, not at all. In fact, the only thing that is universal is the wish for their fans not to shit the bed and embarrass the country like they did in Manchester. Something that has been echoed by Rangers themselves, albeit in more diplomatic language.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61460439

The link to the highlights for all the goals from the weekends matches.  Watched it all earlier and then realised something.  Dundee Utd scored a late winner which they've managed to miss out :D  Straight from Clark scoring the pen to Hearts v Rangers.

Also Hibs only won 3-0 if you go by this.

Edited by The Minertaur

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

This is the Daily Express, so I'll not post the link, however they have an interview with Graeme Souness..

gj82MHU.png

To me, he's playing the victim card before a ball is even kicked.

I don't think I've met anyone that has "hated" Rangers getting to the final, or are desperate for them to lose. In fact the two Celtic fans in the tenement I live in both say "good luck to them, they've earned it". Will there be a few diehards? Sure, but is it the over ridding sentiment that Souness is suggesting? No, not at all. In fact, the only thing that is universal is the wish for their fans not to shit the bed and embarrass the country like they did in Manchester. Something that has been echoed by Rangers themselves, albeit in more diplomatic language.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/graeme-souness-sad-whole-scotland-26969146

Lmao, there's literally hundreds of posts on this forum hoping Rangers lose at every stage of the competition.

People are even writing fan fiction about it on a specific thread....

42 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

In an ideal world, the outcome would be Eintracht Frankfurt 3-0 up after 15 minutes, going on to win 7-0 or preferably more, Rangers reduced to 8 men as they heads-gone all over the shop and the Spanish police to kick the ever-loving shit out of the orcs when they inevitably start vandalising the city of Seville.

Or, Rangers to play the game of their lives battering Eintracht Frankfurt the whole game, 90% possession or so, multiple shots off the woodwork, several stonewall penalty appeals waved/laughed off, perfectly good goals disallowed, the lot. Eintracht to break away on the counter in the 98th minute for their first attack of the game with the scores at 0-0 and slot past the onrushing McGregor to make it 1-0 Eintracht. Quick shot of the Eintracht scenes before the camera lingers on McGregor's stunned expression for what feels like an eternity, alternating footage of the Eintracht celebrations and Rangers players slumping to the ground in utter despair and the Spanish police to kick the ever-loving shit out of the orcs when they inevitably start vandalising the city of Seville.

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Lmao, there's literally hundreds of posts on this forum hoping Rangers lose at every stage of the competition.

I think that says more about the people who post on here, than any underlying pervasiveness of the general public. ;)

If anything, I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the attitude of non-Rangers fans that I've spoken to (IRL that is).