The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

According to the BBC Scotland Fixtures page just now, there are no Scottish matches on Tuesday 3rd May. Better tell the folk at Links Park and, probably, Firhill that their matches have been cancelled.

What about the game at Galabank!!!!! 

As for the Rigg V Broch 1st leg,  wasn't on the BBC.

I didn't know about the Annan game because it's not on the bloody website!

If you just search the day nothing comes up. But if you search the team the fixtures are there. So more a problem with the actual website rather than them not knowing about the games

If you want accurate Scottish fixtures, results, lineups etc, use something like Flashscore or LiveScore instead.
The BBC Sport section is a binfire.
Exactly. You'd think after 11500 posts on this thread people would have learnt to use sources other than the BBC.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

If you just search the day nothing comes up. But if you search the team the fixtures are there. So more a problem with the actual website rather than them not knowing about the games

It's a complete disaster of a page.

Despite the fact you have a BBC account and can personalise lots of things, apparently it's impossible to allow me to filter which competitions I wish to view on my Scores/Fixtures page.

English lower league women's football, and the latest goings on in the Brazilian and Australian leagues are of no interest to me.

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Ok. But tell me how I would know to search the Annan fixtures when I didn’t know they were playing because it’s not in the Scottish fixtures?

Ok. But tell me how I would know to search the Annan fixtures when I didn’t know they were playing because it’s not in the Scottish fixtures?

Of course you wouldn’t. I have no idea why the games show up when you search the club but not the date. Let’s face it the lower league play offs are of little interest to the bbc

17 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
19 hours ago, Nightmare said:
If you want accurate Scottish fixtures, results, lineups etc, use something like Flashscore or LiveScore instead.
The BBC Sport section is a binfire.

Exactly. You'd think after 11500 posts on this thread people would have learnt to use sources other than the BBC.

Livescore have the Annan v Forfar game as 'League 1 relegation playoff'.  Seething, that we may be relegated from a league that we got relegated from last season.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Livescore have the Annan v Forfar game as 'League 1 relegation playoff'.  Seething, that we may be relegated from a league that we got relegated from last season.

image.png.7867b085f7bbf4dd9b0c8daed9766cc0.png

16 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Interesting to see the abject failure that is the BBC's ability to report on the Highland League slowly creeping into the SPFL. 

The LL was as bad, with games "abandoned" and wrong scores published as results for ages before being corrected.

Martindale has led his side to a top six Premiership finish and appears to be attracting interest from south of the border.

David Martindale 'considered' for Fleetwood as Celtic icon Scott Brown faces rival for League One hot seat - Daily Record

That article didn't get off to a good start, suppose they didn't actually say which season he led Livi to a top six Premiership finish.