The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Don't lash out at the accountants because you've made a tit of yourself. As one of your fellow celticcy types put it about 20posts ago:

"You made a mistake, no big deal a simple correction would have done 

But nope, you gotta double down" 

Fair enough :lol: but i did admit I was wrong unlike Tom and Ewan then proceeded to be petty, a while to go yet to be a sports ‘journalist’ me thinks.

Edited by gannonball

Nope, no c**t ever really wants to speak them as they are the most boring lot going. Also before you correct me how it is paid please don’t , nobody cares.

A long time ago, before I met Mrs TC I used to go out with an accountant

One day she mentioned that “double entry” was her preferred method.

I think I must have misunderstood because the relationship never really recovered after the ensuing conversation

On 07/01/2022 at 15:51, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be honest things between me and my mate Dave were a bit awkward for a few weeks after that conversation as well

You're alright, mate. She wasn't really my type anyway.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-souttar-wants-rangers-transfer-25893247

Saw this and had to laugh.

> "Hey Shugg, we need a Rangers story"
> "No can do boss, we've used everything we've got"

> "Just take another story and twist it so that it's somehow all about Rangers"
> "Won't they realise this is nothing but a shallow attempt to curry favour with OF fans?"
> "Don't worry about it Shugg, our readers are fucking idiots they won't know or care"

Just now, Merkland Red said:

• Right-clicking a selected item will usually bring up a menu with the option to Copy.
  • Right-clicking a space will usually bring up a menu with the option to Paste.
  • The keyboard command for copy is Ctrl + C, and the keyboard command for paste is Ctrl + V.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Jesus fucking christ.... like seriously what a national embarrassment Keevins is.

Why sad? Despite decades of wondering how they could escape the constrictions of their own country into the larger arena for which they are so obviously ready-made, it’s like this for Celtic and Rangers.

There are clubs who are enshrined in the Premier League purely because of geography while the Old Firm are entombed in the SPFL for want of a legal loophole they can exploit.

How is that even journalism, it's triumphant OF jingoism, and a staggering level of arrogance. f**k that man, like seriously, I hope he ends up in a situation where someone else's arrogance exasperates him as much as his does to everyone else.

Edited by Ric

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

tag yourself, I’m triumphant OF jingoism

It absolutely is.

The problem, however, is nothing to do with either of the OF rather the slavering fucking morons who write for the tabloids.

Well done to the Scottish media for bravely and relentlessly highlighting alleged cases of sectarianism and racism at our clubs over the last few months, without fear or favour.

Untitled.jpg

And if you think without fear or favour means ignoring racist or sectarian incidents at Rangers or Celtic, well that's not true. They cover those too.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c4587d934e1b1d1959499a35a86554b6.jpg

Edited by Mr Heliums

On 07/01/2022 at 14:49, gannonball said:

Nope, no c**t ever really wants to speak them as they are the most boring lot going. Also before you correct me how it is paid please don’t , nobody cares.

You did, earlier on in the thread.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: the periodic toys out the pram article over two Scottish clubs being forced to play in Scotland will never not be funny. 

That and the way that it’s never even up for debate that they would immediately simply magically appear at the summit of the pyramid.

Rangers couldn’t get out of our Championship at the first attempt, but in Keevin’s masturbatory fever dream presumably they’ll skoosh right through the leagues down there and then immediately hurdle several clubs bankrolled by billionaires because they get 5,000 more fans than them, despite the fact that gate receipts are basically irrelevant in England. 

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Should we start a petition so that Keevins fucks off to England, and does his "journalism" down there

They wouldn't have him. There isn't the same market in England for a 'journalist ' to spend his entire career telling lies for the benefit of two teams as Keevins has done in Glasgow.