The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Purely from my perspective I'd rather be at a game on a Saturday at 3pm than 7:45 pm midweek.

Generally speaking the hypothetical choice would be between not being at a game on a Saturday at 3pm or being at a game at 7:45 midweek

Of course for the very smallest clubs they might be able to get all their regulars in under the limit

13 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Tom English has had an absolute nightmare on twitter this afternoon with this:

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1473307233232506894?s=20

Only cretinous sycophants actually agreeing with him. Get him to f**k back to rugby coverage where his only audfience will be half a dozen jug-eared Tobys on a farm in the Borders.

As a rugby fan, I can assure you that one of life's great pleasures is listening to Tom when one of his beloved Irish provinces has been utterly battered at Scotstoun.

Delicious, bitter tears

14 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Tom English has had an absolute nightmare on twitter this afternoon with this:

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1473307233232506894?s=20

Only cretinous sycophants actually agreeing with him. Get him to f**k back to rugby coverage where his only audfience will be half a dozen jug-eared Tobys on a farm in the Borders.

Tom English making a complete arse of himself again - get off your laptop and down to the lower leagues! He just tries to find a headline with his byeline on it. Hope footy fans go to their local lower league team and not to the pub to watch their big team

Tom English making a complete arse of himself again - get off your laptop and down to the lower leagues! He just tries to find a headline with his byeline on it. Hope footy fans go to their local lower league team and not to the pub to watch their big team

I don’t think you’ve thought that through

If we go to watch our local lower league team then there won’t be any room for the actual Edinburgh City supporters

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don’t think you’ve thought that through

If we go to watch our local lower league team then there won’t be any room for the actual Edinburgh City supporters

Big choice of East of Scotland League teams in Edinburgh to follow!

Big choice of East of Scotland League teams in Edinburgh to follow!

Spartans, Strollers, Tynecastle, Hutchison Vale, Edinburgh United, Heriot Watt, Edinburgh Uni, Edinburgh college although I may have forgotten one

At 500 each that’s about 4,000 in total

So we’d still have to work a rota

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Spartans, Strollers, Tynecastle, Hutchison Vale, Edinburgh United, Heriot Watt, Edinburgh Uni, Edinburgh college although I may have forgotten one

At 500 each that’s about 4,000 in total

So we’d still have to work a rota

Must be a few more teams outside the city boundary, do all Hearts supporters live in the city? I know a few in Falkirk, Stirling, Alloa etc. Who cares, lost the thread now!

Must be a few more teams outside the city boundary, do all Hearts supporters live in the city? I know a few in Falkirk, Stirling, Alloa etc. Who cares, lost the thread now!

We’d be sharing those 4,000 with our Hibee neighbours

I’ve seen banners for the likes of Forfar Hearts, as well as Ayrshire, Manchester and Lombardy but generally speaking once you get past city limits you’re in shit small town Scotland and thus natural old firm territory

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Literally has a disclaimer in his bio that he doesn't write headlines then tweets about a headline without reading the article

Is he saying the Sun headline is a made up statement?

This thread really is fittingly named. Here he is demeaning nearly half of last seasons top flight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59706140

After all those trophies with Celtic and all those trips to clubs like Ross County (eight), Kilmarnock (nine), St Johnstone (10), Motherwell (13) - and multiple trips to all other points north, south, east and west - Christie is now a Bournemouth man

What a fucking arsehole.

This thread really is fittingly named. Here he is demeaning nearly half of last seasons top flight.
After all those trophies with Celtic and all those trips to clubs like Ross County (eight), Kilmarnock (nine), St Johnstone (10), Motherwell (13) - and multiple trips to all other points north, south, east and west - Christie is now a Bournemouth man
What a fucking arsehole.

It would actually be more demeaning to Motherwell to be included on that list which is being used to contrast with the big championship clubs he’s playing now

But it might just be that those are the 4 teams Christie has played the most away fixtures against

He’s only played at Tynecastle 4 times and Easter road 5 times

Under other circumstances I’d be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt but in keeping with the spirit of the thread I think he deserves the most severe punishment available: A Falkirk season ticket

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

What a fucking arsehole.

The only problem I have with the thread is it sounds like bad journalism 'and' separately Tom English to me. I've not got a better suggestion. Starring Tom English maybe.

As soon as he became a regular on Sportsound a few years ago, I gave up. Even pulling him up for his 500 fans misery is giving him way too much attention. It's criminal what BBC Scotland serve up.