The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Was 4 lads had a dream written at around the same time the Blue seas of Ibrox came on the scene? IIRC correctly, at the time, Rangers had to create and put print outs of the words to their new songbook on the seats at Ibrox, because their fans couldnt be trusted not to break various laws when left to their own devices.

Whilst we are at it, and this is definitely inkeeping IMO, since not one single fan answered me at the time....

What do the Ramgers fans on here think about Steven Gerrard pretty much calling for strict liability in the aftermath of Prague? Did that represent a shift in the attitude of the club towards strict liability, and what are the fans views if it does?

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was 4 lads had a dream written at around the same time the Blue seas of Ibrox came on the scene? IIRC correctly, at the time, Rangers had to create and put print outs of the words to their new songbook on the seats at Ibrox, because their fans couldnt be trusted not to break various laws when left to their own devices.

Whilst we are at it, and this is definitely inkeeping IMO, since not one single fan answered me at the time....

What do the Ramgers fans on here think about Steven Gerrard pretty much calling for strict liability in the aftermath of Prague? Did that represent a shift in the attitude of the club towards strict liability, and what are the fans views if it does?

Maybe not Blue Sea of Ibrox as that’s been around as long as I can remember, could’ve been another song. Regardless, surely that would be seen as a positive move from the club?

In regards to your other question, I don’t think it is the right route to go down calling for strict liability.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't, I looked it up and was offended at the lyrics celebrating a manevolent institution that has done nothing positive in either of its existencies. Indeed they go one better by being a negative factor in our society.

It's like making up a cheery song about Pol Pot.

There's a challenge! Go at it lads folk.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought that was quite old i.e. 20 + years, but maybe I'm wrong. (It has been known to happen, believe it or not.)

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pol Pot had a dream
To channel Idi Amin
He didnt have a party, army or song
Then Khmer Rouge came along
And then they got strong
They were just like the Rangers
They could never do wrong

It's a start, if nothing else.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There's a challenge! Go at it lads folk.

There was a cheeky chappie,

His buddies called him Pot,

He was growing a bit unhappy,

Intellectual, he was not,

He gathered up the learned,

He made them plough the land,

Until death they had earn-ed,

And they could no longer stand,

His gang of crazy kiddies,

Were known to bring some dangers,

Though overall they weren’t as bad as the Glasgow Rangers.

(To the tune of Tiny Turtle)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well its all iv got and tbh, if nothing else I am probably the first to, and therefore deserve credit for, comparing Rangers to Khmer Rouge.

Harsh, but fair, and also not harsh.

It's a step up from the KKK who, as past Rangers posters have informed us, were founded by Scots (likely Rangers fans). Only a matter of time before we discover young Stalin's scorched earth policy was influenced by Rangers' "sink us and we'll sink you" attitude to Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

There was a cheeky chappie,

His buddies called him Pot,

He was growing a bit unhappy,

Intellectual, he was not,

He gathered up the learned,

He made them plough the land,

Until death they had earn-ed,

And they could no longer stand,

His gang of crazy kiddies,

Were known to bring some dangers,

Though overall they weren’t as bad as the Glasgow Rangers.

(To the tune of Tiny Turtle)

No harm to @Bairnardo, but that's a lot better.

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Are the four lads from the world famous song the same guys as the gallant pioneers?

They are indeed. Each of our lots this season has their names inscribed in the collar. It was always going to be this song choice, for no it her reason than to commemorate them.