The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

When Manchester United fans didn't like what their club was becoming they hard forked and created a splinter club they weren't embarrassed to support.

Now there's a working pyramid a Poverty DNAFC or Sons of Struth FC could be in the Lowland League within a decade.

See if you are genuinely trying to improve your reputation with historic and recent events of clear bigotry you do absolutely everything you can to avoid anything being linked with that. 

When you are not being genuine , well…

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, AJF said:

The person who produced said song will probably put it better than I possibly can:

That guy is a moron.

38 minutes ago, ropy said:

This is outside of the current debate but having just become aware of this song today the phrase ‘4 lads’ is already grating.  Why is it lads? 

Lads, Lads, Lads, Lads, Lads, Lads, Lads!

I'd have more time for rangers fans if they just grinned and winked when these things happen. Wee snakey cúnts jumping in with both feet to defend this shite despite their 4th last tweet being "fuk da pope and tha IRA" can do one.

32 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That's a whopper of a lie.

It's really not. I've not heard it at McDiarmid in 10 years, and the only evidence I've seen otherwise is a dodgy clip from 10 seasons ago.

It's a song Rangers fans just don't sing at away games without it veering into the famine song.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's really not. I've not heard it at McDiarmid in 10 years, and the only evidence I've seen otherwise is a dodgy clip from 10 seasons ago.

It's a song Rangers fans just don't sing at away games without it veering into the famine song.

The idea that 4lads is sung less than the FS (which I've not heard at a game in many years) is just wrong. 

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Two videos using the same tune.  One comes from 'them' and one from 'us'.  One is acceptable and one is offensive.  You have to have a black belt in casuistry - or a manufacturer of faux-offense - to explain this.

See when I see bad faith whataboutery arguments like this, is always reminds me of this quote about anti semites.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies.

They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words.

The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors.

They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

Basically you know you’re talking shite but you take great delight in doing so

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

See when I see bad faith whataboutery arguments like this, is always reminds me of this quote about anti semites.

Complete nonsense.  It's an entirely innocuous, long-standing football song celebrating our club's history and sung to a tune used widely in football - including your own club's fans.

Any offense taken is entirely manufactured by a sub-group with a history of doing so.

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's the tune for "Glasgow's a shit hole, i want to go home." 

Perfectly appropriate 

Or England fans to Scotland fans after the 2014 poll:

You're staying with us
you're staying with us

you love us so much

you're staying with us.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Complete nonsense.  It's an entirely innocuous, long-standing football song celebrating our club's history and sung to a tune used widely in football - including your own club's fans.

Any offense taken is entirely manufactured by a sub-group with a history of doing so.

As I said 

Your “arguments” remind me of that quote.