The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

If we are descending into ultra pettiness Michael Stewart described a keeper at successful penalty the other day as "just being beaten by the pace" of it. But that's kind of the point of a strike on goal. All goals are balls crossing the line at a sufficient pace that mean an opposition player can't stop it. 

When a keeper goes the wrong way you won't say he has just been beaten by the direction of it 

4 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Just being more out of touch than usual why is it when I switch the radio on to hear English's words of wisdom I get turn it off with B##### Burnitt ?

Your carrier wave of choice should not include instantaneous modulation of frequency. 

25 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Just being more out of touch than usual why is it when I switch the radio on to hear English's words of wisdom I get turn it off with B##### Burnitt ?

Do you think many folk actually listen to him. His listening figures must just been football fans tuning in, hearing it's him and not the football and dialing off. 

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Do you think many folk actually listen to him. His listening figures must just been football fans tuning in, hearing it's him and not the football and dialing off. 

Not many !

He just invents " listeners " , and what they eat , so he can play his #### music

2 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Just to be a smart

What has BBC Sounds got that Radio ( part ) Scotland has not ?

Is R.S.  a.m. still in existence ?

Yes, they call it medium wave these days. Ask me any questions you like on this, I've got an amplitude for it.