The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

image.png.7997c22f6ba41337f8a6be46782f9fbc.png

They have waited long enough to be relegated to the championship, well done Leanne well earned spot in this thread. 

I’m probably missing something here, but no idea what your gripe is.

nah you're not I thought she was meaning that Kilmarnock fans should be enjoying being back in the Championship but she probably meant being back at Rugby Pk in a post covid landscape. That's why I deleted it pal.

On 31/07/2021 at 11:21, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen - Pittodrie

Celtic - Parkhead

Dundee - Dens

Dundee United - Tannadice 

Hearts - Tynecastle 

Hibs - Easter Road

Livingston - Almondvale

Motherwell - Fir Park

Rangers - Ibrox

Ross County - Dingwall 

St Johnstone - McDiarmid Park

St Mirren - Love Street

On 31/07/2021 at 11:51, RandomGuy. said:

Ask me where I'm going to watch Saints play away to Ross County and I say Dingwall, tbh. Whereas for the others I use stadium names. 

Same with Hamilton, I just use Hamilton. 

If you're going to Dingwall to watch football, you'd be as well going that extra little bit and go to Victoria Park 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 29/07/2021 at 11:35, stu2910 said:

Not really something that can be defended tbh, it’s just plain lazy. I get that it’s unusual to have one side without a suffix, but if Scottish media can tell the difference between Clyde/Clydebank, Man Utd/City, Bristol City/Rovers, Sheffield Utd/Wednesday and CSKA/Lokomotiv/Spartak/Dynamo/Torpedo Moscow, they can surely manage it with 2 of the largest and most successful clubs in the country.

I thought it was Dundee and Dundee United we were talking about here?

On 29/07/2021 at 13:30, stu2910 said:

This should be good so I’ll happily bite.

Both clubs are joint 7th most successful with Kilmarnock, with both having better European achievements.

Both currently occupy places in the top tier, unlike Kilmarnock or Queen’s Park above them. In an all time top flight league table, Dundee are 7th and United 11th.

Attendance figures obviously fluctuate, but United are nearly always 6th with Dundee usually between 7th and 10th.

Who then outside the big 5 is clearly larger and more successful and considering they both feature in top 25% for any logical category, how high would they have to feature to be “2 of the largest and most successful clubs in the country”?

Somebody got out of the serious side of the bed...

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 30/07/2021 at 12:00, true_rover said:

A pretty tinpot preview article on the BBC, playing into stereotypes

Scottish Premiership: Why you should embrace the bedlam of Scotland's top flight - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57821757

What a load of pish.

On 30/07/2021 at 22:01, Ludo*1 said:

BBC Scotland are that fucking outdated that they probably think they got away without anyone noticing because no-one sent them a fax message about it.

Apparently Dundee sent them an e-mail

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

/Thread

The liquidation of the holding company, -  :lol:

In most countries in the world, there might be expected to be a positive relationship between the country’s most successful, and best supported, football team, and the country’s government. - Why?

Last season’s historic 55th league title for the Ibrox club -:lol:

When Rangers secured their historic 55th league title in May, a large crowd of supporters marched from Ibrox to George Square, there there were scenes of disorder from a small minority. - :lol:

It is true that Rangers, like all football clubs, have a small minority of fans responsible for disorder and unacceptable behaviour - :lol:

Do folk ever read over their shite before posting it for public comnsumption?

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The liquidation of the holding company, -  :lol:

In most countries in the world, there might be expected to be a positive relationship between the country’s most successful, and best supported, football team, and the country’s government. - Why?

Last season’s historic 55th league title for the Ibrox club -:lol:

When Rangers secured their historic 55th league title in May, a large crowd of supporters marched from Ibrox to George Square, there there were scenes of disorder from a small minority. - :lol:

It is true that Rangers, like all football clubs, have a small minority of fans responsible for disorder and unacceptable behaviour - :lol:

Do folk ever read over their shite before posting it for public comnsumption?

Look at how he describes the Scotland fans in comparison.

Happy to tar them all with the same brush over an incident that apparently happened without evidence 

Edit: His quote on Scotland fans to save you a click 

“Yet, when we saw Scotland fans in London misbehaving, some apparently indulging in anti-English chanting, during the Euros, the First Minister was silent on the matter, giving rise to accusations of double standards.”

Edited by Clown Job