The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

32 minutes ago, Ric said:

Does this count?

xncqXau.png

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53473161

To be fair, it's not the first, and certainly not the last, media outlet to get utterly confused as to what our stadium is called. I still occasionally hear (admittedly non-Scottish) commentators refer to it as Love Street. It not been at that location for nearly 20 years!

For those who don't know, we changed the name of the stadium in November last year.

Is it now the Celtic Shop Stadium?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Does this count?

xncqXau.png

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53473161

To be fair, it's not the first, and certainly not the last, media outlet to get utterly confused as to what our stadium is called. I still occasionally hear (admittedly non-Scottish) commentators refer to it as Love Street. It not been at that location for nearly 20 years!

For those who don't know, we changed the name of the stadium in November last year.

TBF nobody should give a f**k whatever shan name clubs give their grounds year on year. The club are obliged to use the sponsor's name. Nobody else is.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

TBF nobody should give a f**k whatever shan name clubs give their grounds year on year. The club are obliged to use the sponsor's name. Nobody else is.

That's a different point though, and to an extent I agree, but when your national broadcaster doesn't know the name of a stadium, one that had changed 8 months previously and was widely reported on, that's a "bit of a minter".

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thankfully we no longer have to keep up with whatever tinpot Lanarkshire business won the raffle to sponsor Hamiltons stadium every season. 

Fountains of Wayne?

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thankfully we no longer have to keep up with whatever tinpot Lanarkshire business won the raffle to sponsor Hamiltons stadium every season. 

It's a hideous trend that football fans should resist at every turn.

Grounds should under no circumstances ever be allowed to change their names.  New names are obviously needed when clubs move, but otherwise, it just shouldn't happen.  No company's name should ever be allowed to feature in the name either.

That quiz is ridiculous.  All three possible multiple choice answers to at least one question, were just stupid, unwieldy names of companies.  What sort of pervert knows such answers?

Disgusting!

Aberdeen - Pittodrie

Celtic - Parkhead

Dundee - Dens

Dundee United - Tannadice 

Hearts - Tynecastle 

Hibs - Easter Road

Livingston - Almondvale

Motherwell - Fir Park

Rangers - Ibrox

Ross County - Dingwall 

St Johnstone - McDiarmid Park

St Mirren - Love Street

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Ross County - Dingwall”

Said no one ever.

Ask me where I'm going to watch Saints play away to Ross County and I say Dingwall, tbh. Whereas for the others I use stadium names. 

Same with Hamilton, I just use Hamilton. 

Ask me where I'm going to watch Saints play away to Ross County and I say Dingwall, tbh. Whereas for the others I use stadium names. 
Aye, that's fair common and what I'd probably say as well.
Commentators routinely say "up at Dinwall", "Here at Dingwall etc".

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be honest, I just had to look up the real name of Ross County's ground, it's not a name I've heard in years

1 minute ago, House Bartender said:

Interesting use of the word "Both"

image.png.e678ada9a8b47002eed77c04be205d9d.png

Under the headline ‘Live’ there were two premiership games finishing at that time.

Do we try too hard sometimes?