The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Same non reply as I got the last time - "Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We appreciate all the feedback we receive as it plays an important role in helping to shape our decisions. 

This is an automated message (sorry that we can’t reply individually) to let you know that we’ve read your comments and will report them overnight to staff across the BBC for them to read too (after removing any personal details). This includes our programme makers, commissioning editors and senior management. 

Thanks again for contacting the BBC. 

BBC Audience Services."

What's you next move?  Petrol bomb, dirty protest?  We know things can escalate rather quickly in your neck of the woods. 

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

What's you next move?  Petrol bomb, dirty protest?  We know things can escalate rather quickly in your neck of the woods. 

At the minute I'm following the political route. However, all options remain on the table and I will review my approach after the Twelfth.

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Same non reply as I got the last time - "Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We appreciate all the feedback we receive as it plays an important role in helping to shape our decisions. 

This is an automated message (sorry that we can’t reply individually) to let you know that we’ve read your comments and will report them overnight to staff across the BBC for them to read too (after removing any personal details). This includes our programme makers, commissioning editors and senior management. 

Thanks again for contacting the BBC. 

BBC Audience Services."

Lovely auto-generated stuff from the BBC's "audience services" factory in Belfast, which has been outsourced to Crapita for the past 20+ years. It's been read by someone there, very briefly, but the idea that it will be used to "shape our decisions" is risible.

You can be 99.999% certain that no one who works on the BBC's Scottish football coverage will see your feedback, which will make it tricky for them to take the factual correction on board and improve their efforts in future.  Embarrassing them on Twitter is probably a marginally better strategy.

26 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Lovely auto-generated stuff from the BBC's "audience services" factory in Belfast, which has been outsourced to Crapita for the past 20+ years. It's been read by someone there, very briefly, but the idea that it will be used to "shape our decisions" is risible.

You can be 99.999% certain that no one who works on the BBC's Scottish football coverage will see your feedback, which will make it tricky for them to take the factual correction on board and improve their efforts in future.  Embarrassing them on Twitter is probably a marginally better strategy.

Somebody else will have to do it, I don't do Twitter. or Facebook for that matter. Or any form of social media other than P&B.

I'll maybe start to explore the options suggested by Slippery P...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Good grief.

Btw - surely they joined "Lowland rivals in the hat"?

That's a good point. Aside from the obviously shitey clickbait headline, its factually inaccurate as they have bought themselves into the Lowland League this season, so don't have "Premiership rivals"

Also I don't think they use hats anymore

On 05/07/2021 at 12:50, Jacksgranda said:

Somebody else will have to do it, I don't do Twitter. or Facebook for that matter. Or any form of social media other than P&B.

I'll maybe start to explore the options suggested by Slippery P...

Whilst our football journalists still struggle with SPFL, senior and junior: it appears our political and news journalists do not and let us give credit to them for that IMO.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-football-team-investigating-after-24496439

A football club has launched an investigation after a video of sectarian singing at its social club emerged on social media.

Footage, allegedly shot at Luncarty FC's social club, captured a group of people singing about the Irish Republican Army (IRA) to the tune of Daniel Boone's Beautiful Sunday. The 12-second video was posted to Twitter on Saturday, the same day as Luncarty, based in Perthshire, played against Glasgow side St Roch's.

The crowd can be heard allegedly singing: "Oh, oh, oh, it's the republican army. It's the I, I, I, IRA." Posted at 7.57pm on Saturday, Luncarty Football Club and Police Scotland were tagged in the tweet. The tweet read: "IRA support Luncarty social club today from @StRochsJuniors @ScottishFA @scottishjuniors @JohnSwinney.

The Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Junior Football Association were also tagged but neither Luncarty or St Rochs are members of the Scottish Juniors FA league.

Luncarty FC said in a statement that it is aware of the video and the club is carrying out an internal investigation. However, the spokesman stressed that nobody associated with the Luncarty FC was involved in the video. The statement said: "Luncarty were made aware of the video on social media after Saturday. "The club is carrying out an internal investigation but we are satisfied from the video footage that no representative from our playing staff, committee or supporters are involved."

Premier Sports advertising Their coverage of Celtic’s Champions League qualifier against “Dutch side” Midtjylland, during their coverage of the Kelty v Dundee United game deserves noted.

37 minutes ago, Toby said:

Premier Sports advertising Their coverage of Celtic’s Champions League qualifier against “Dutch side” Midtjylland, during their coverage of the Kelty v Dundee United game deserves noted.

Why? I don’t think that’s too bad. 

The local rag The Evening News reviewing our new season mentioned Edinburgh City moved into Ainslie Park when we got promoted into the Scottish League.

Apart from the 1 season City played Scottish League football at Meadowbank before it was demolished that is. 

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ah shit, I’m with you. It was late and I misinterpreted your post as being a complaint at advertising Celtic. 

Please accept my apologies. 

You’re alright, it wasn’t a terribly obvious one until pointed out, but one that a broadcaster should be doing much better with.